Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Member Photos

Dorothee

Dorothee
Germany

The Afghan Red Crescent - And I Drew This Islamic Symbol Here On My PC - Is An Aid-Organization That Helps People In Need In This Least Developed Country Named Afghanistan!

The Afghan Red Crescent - And I Drew This Islamic Symbol Here On My PC - Is An Aid-Organization That Helps People In Need In This Least Developed Country Named Afghanistan!

-

May 26, 2010
3895 views

179 comments

Due To Authority-Reasons I Had To Blur This Photo To Make It Less Recognizable: Child-Trafficking in Guinea-Bissau I Just Felt Like Taking My Old "Dirke Weltatlas" (Geography Book From Secondary School) And Create This Precipitation-Diagram. Black Stripes=Area In India /Yellow Triangle=Area In Yemen /In Yemen Even Wealthy Farmers Can't Stand A Chance! Child Labor In Africa - Photo Edited By Myself

Child Labor In Africa - Photo Edited By Myself

May 27, 2010
1917 views

27 comments

Edited By Myself: African Street Children - To Be Precisely These Two Come From The LDC of Liberia

To post a comment, please login >

| 06:29 AM Dec 07 2017

staphniejack

Pakistan

There are many other red crescent hospitals scattered across the region. I heard about them at https://sites.google.com/view/cheapessaydone/ and that they’re incredibly affordable as well.

| 10:57 PM Oct 21 2017

Dorothee

Germany

“And not the manufacturers job to decide who in aociety will do that”. Hmmm…Maybe you can see it this way, but some people still beg to differ. If you sell guns to Afghanistan, you can presume that these will be used to kill the innocent. This week for example Taliban killed about 230 people in Afghanistan during terrorist attacks – according to “Domradio” and many other radio stations, newspapers and news-shows on TV.
I think that most Germans are so critical about this, because this selling of guns to people who use them for killing innocent people reminds them of the days when many German producers of chemicals sold toxic material to the nazis who then used these to kill people in the gas chambers.

| 07:49 AM Sep 16 2017

WobblyJoe

United States

You are correct on H&K, obviously it’s easier to say that than the whole name. Sig Sauer is also a German company, at least mine says Made in West Germany on it. (yes both of us are old)
Manufacturers have no business selling weapons in third world countries. I think they do that only for the “green” and I think that it’s wrong of them to do so.
In places where the law prevails though, guns are sold through retailers who comply with the law regarding purchasing and selling (or face jail themselves). It’s the users’ job to follow the law and not the manufacturers job to decide who in society will do that.

| 07:07 AM Sep 16 2017

Dorothee

Germany

As I honestly know nothing about guns I presume that by “H&K” you mean a gun built by “Heckler and Kock”?! And that “Sig-Sauer” is a gun?! 90% of me share your opinion, while the other 10% say that it’s still partially the fault of greedy industrials who don’t care what these guns are used for as long as they are sold for a lot of “green” – if you know what I mean?!
----
News: The latest sample of the German magazine “GEO” says that what most people don’t know is that in Afghanistan there actually are rich people, too. Researches by “GEO” reporters – supported by photos they took – say that there are people in Khabul who buy so much every week or even every day it would take a pushcart to get these things from the shop to their house. However instead of getting one, they pick up children and tell them to carry these things home for them in exchange for a few pence. Often these are poor children who were on their way to school, but changed their mind when they heard the promise they’d get some money. In not just a few cases children from poor families were tempted this way to skip school regularly and instead earn some money for the family by carrying goods for rich people.

| 12:17 PM Aug 11 2017

WobblyJoe

United States

I own an H&K! They build very high quality weapons.
I also have a Sig-Sauer, also from Germany, also very high quality.
Germans build quality products.
It’s not the gun, it’s the people using the gun.
Cultures built around swords and rocks should not own modern weapons.
When I see people who live in mud huts holding a firearm instead of a hoe, I wonder what their priorities really are.

Member Photos

Learn English and Meet Friends with Ebaby! member photos. Sharing your photos is a great way to practice English.

View all member photos >