Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

A short story--on learning English

cheevey

cheevey

China

No one will laugh at you in learning but you youself!

My friend wants to learn English, and she tried to pass to examine of the university, while she's graduated from high school for one year.

She has a great interest in the life of the university, and she always asks me to talk about it. One day, I found her writting something and I walk along to her: she was studying the grammer- the using of "it". I wanted to show my appreciate and tried to tell her get on, however, she covered it when I come by. I confused.

"what are you doing?"

"Nothing."

she answered with a litter shame. I didn't know why, did me find her "secret"? I just wanted to say "sorry", she replied:" Pls don't laugh at me." "I'm sorry for your understanding, I did not do that. Why do you think in that way?" Then she told that her English was not good and was a little shame in learning English before others. That's the point why you do not make any progress in the oral and written English, you should have a try, till you accept your mistakes and corret it. And I told her that  No one will laugh at you in learning but you youself!

Now, some friends just applied me a few words. When I said to him, you should try your best to show your English, then you'll find your mistake and you may make some progress. You should try to tell some story to your friends, that's very appreciate instead of the "shameful thing" you think of that result from your friends…

No one will laugh at you in learning but you youself! Remerber it, in your first steps of English learning… 

01:22 AM Nov 19 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mr.kang

mr.kang

South Korea

I entirely agree with your words. I have thought as your friend. but now I try to encourage myself. have a nice day….by the way are you korean?

06:36 AM Nov 19 2007 |

cheevey

cheevey

China

I'm Chinese,  and I'm a student two months before, nice to meet you…

06:55 AM Nov 19 2007 |

mr.kang

mr.kang

South Korea

I have ever met chinese, so I like chinese because my memory about him.

07:07 AM Nov 19 2007 |

kimi++

kimi++

China

my english is poor,my will listen to will not say.always don't knowing should say first what.by the way i'm also chinese! ha

04:19 PM Nov 19 2007 |

cheevey

cheevey

China

Trying to study is a fresh and interesting thing,we should think it in an normal way without the special attitude to this matter. Take another angle of it, you'll not laugh anybody and be laughed by anybody! It's a serious bussiness, we should change our views,while we should encourage each other to study harder and make further progress! That's we should choose to do in future!

01:29 AM Nov 20 2007 |

Irene-niu

China

me too

09:33 AM Nov 20 2007 |

cheevey

cheevey

China

Try to think it in your way,

join in the topic

Learn new is the right to happy!

12:33 AM Nov 21 2007 |

cheevey

cheevey

China

For me, learn English with all over the world is a cheerful and happy time, may you talk about your feelings and experience of learning English in the non-english environment? Come on, say what you like!

The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

12:37 AM Nov 21 2007 |

annenglish

annenglish

China

Good morninig, everyone!

The story is much helpful for me to study english. Because we usually work hard to remeber the words , and  don't  open mouth to speaking english.  So my oral english is quite poor.

Yesterday,  one customer from Nepal was in our office and chatted with  us. Because the weather is colder and colder,  i have put feather clothes.  I just aksed him,  " you are so cool, just take black coat.  I have taken leather coat" , Then he pointed  my hand , said "Haha,   your hand is soft leather" .  i was awared to make a mistake.

It is " feather ", not " leather"

I think  i can remeber  the two words forever.

Learning english is  my happy life ,  if you don't laugh  yourself  , anybody can laugh you.

Good lucky!

01:01 AM Nov 21 2007 |

:-(

India

Is this thread reserved for Chinese?

So many….

Really hardworking ppl.

Friends I too think same way….

05:12 PM Mar 31 2009 |