Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Country Living
Country Living

Learn English meaning of ‘country living’

Date: Dec 11 2017

Themes: Health, Hobbies, Pets

Grammar: Comparing Quality

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

Are you into farming? Would you like to return to nature? If so, then maybe, it’s time to quit the city life and move to the country. Many people are realizing that urban living is not always great. There are just so many people in the city and not very many trees and animals. If you miss these things, then going country might be right for you.

Of course, living in the country is about more than wearing overalls and using a pitchfork. There is a lot of work to do, such as gardening and caring for animals. Plus, you may not have much connectivity in the country. Still, if you want some peace and quiet, and you love nature, the country may be the perfect place for you.

Dominique is thinking about moving out of the city. Will Romeo support her? Learn his thoughts in today’s English lesson.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Dominique

Dominique

Romeo

Romeo

Dominique:  So, Romeo, I’m thinking about quitting the urban life and going country. But I’m a little worried that there will be many surprises along the way, like not having internet… But the country is more beautiful than the city, so I don’t know. What do you think?

Romeo:  I think your blogging subscribers would love to see you in overalls and a pitchfork.

Dominique:  Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! What do you mean overalls and a pitchfork?! Nobody said anything about overalls.

Romeo:  That’s that country life. I mean, you go ahead and return to the nature. You’re into, like, all those veggie, farm-life things, and I support it.

Dominique:  No, no, no. I’m not going to be farming. It’s just going to be in rural area. I’m not… there’s no pitchforks or overalls. I’m just going to be returning to nature.

Romeo:  Perfect setting for a zombie movie!

Dominique:  You’re killing me.

Romeo:  I’m just saying, if you want to go out and live that country lifestyle, you can. There are a lot of people out there who think the country life is a lot more beautiful than the city life. I might want to try and get ahold of you and do Skype, but I’m pretty sure you probably won’t have any connectivity.

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Comparing Quality" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Dominique tells Romeo about her idea to move to the country. She explains that she is worried because she doesn’t know everything about going country. She will learn many things and might not even have internet. Romeo reminds her that she has a blog. But if she can get internet, he thinks her blog followers will love seeing her in overalls with a pitchfork.

This is not what Dominique is imagining. She just wants to return to nature. She doesn’t want a lot of extra work, such as farming. Romeo jokes that she will be in the perfect place for zombies. Dominique doesn’t think this is funny. Romeo says he will support her choice. However, he will miss being able to call her on Skype at any time.

Do you live in the city or the country? Do you think the country is more beautiful than the city?

Comments

Seiyfk

Seiyfk

Turkey

country living brings us many good advantages,

the most beautiful rain is there,you can watch it on the fields,forest,trees,you can walk under soft rains

the most beautiful winds are there, you can hear their songs ,you can see their dances on the fields,

the most fresh air is there,the most beautiful silenceness is there.the most beautiful sun up and sunset are there. everywhere is green and flowers ))

if you like to live in a country ,your life batteries will be charge by nature ,freely ))

10:35 AM Dec 11 2017 |

Likes (5):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast