Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Story Game!!! If you want to improve your English, then join this game...

ervic_sangel23

Philippines

Hi! I am Ervic Sangel from the Philippines. Do you want to improve your English?Well, then let's play this game we call, Story Game. The objective is, one is going to start a story and the others will continue it with their own make-up stories. This will surely improve your skills in thinking, creative writing, and vocabulary all at the same time. Now, let me start off…

The sun was at its highest, Ivan planned to go to his friend's house. While he was walking, he passed by the street where some children were fighting. He was very ambivalent if he would stop them as he saw the toddlers fighting with one another; hitting one's face so hard. A very appalling situation that he never saw since his childhood because he was born in a very peaceful place. He aimed to go near the children to try to stop them but as he made his first step towards them, a boy cried so loud shouting at the top of his lungs, "Mommy, help me! They're killing me. Help!" Ivan, though the eldest among the people on that place, was scared. He ran as fast as he could, ignoring everything that he hit, until he finally came to his friend's house.

<Now, try to build your own story that would continue the adventure of Ivan>Laughing

05:51 PM Jan 19 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

JAKI

Argentina

AS SOON AS IVAN ARRIVED AT SAM`S HOUSE. HE TRIED TO EXPLAIN THE INCIDENT TO HIS FRIEND BUT NOTHING CAME OUT OF HIS MOUTH. SAM REALISED THAT SOMETHING HAD HAPPENED TO IVAN. SAM TRIED TO CALM HIM DOWN BUT HE COULDN´T .SOMETHING ELSE WAS HAPPENING…IVAN LOOKED AT HIM DESPERATELY.SILENCE.HE HAD NO VOICE

07:34 PM Jan 19 2008 |

ervic_sangel23

Philippines

TO:Jaki

GOOD! You seem to be good in writing. where are you from? 

11:17 AM Jan 20 2008 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

He started thinking desperately, thinking hard what and why could have happened to him. Why me? Why now? What is that?? He tried to use gestures to explain Sam what had happened… but he failed. Sam 
started thinking his friend had lost his mind, because Ivan was waving hands, pooping out his eyes ans opened his mouth with no success. At last he fell in the chair, forceless. At that very moment the door of the room opened and sam's sister came in, holding
something that looked like a jar of dark blue liquid. "Ah, Ivan", she said. "Hello…", here she stopped for a moment, looked into his eyes and said to her brother, "Bewitched".

05:27 PM Jan 22 2008 |

ervic_sangel23

Philippines

Sam, on the other hand, was a bit startled of what happened to Ivan. Ignoring what his sister told her, he still asked Ivan, "Ivan, can you tell me exactly what happened?" Still, Ivan couldn't speak. The event he just perceived was not that shocking though he still felt the enigma of his thought, why really did he feel like that? He didn't even know how to react after that appalling situation causing him to be tongue tied.

Sam's sister then put the jar with a mysterious liquid just near the entrance and commanded the two to stay in Sam's room. As the two walked across the hall, a voice was heard… 

03:49 PM Jan 23 2008 |

Linguist

Linguist

Russian Federation

"I can talk! My!! I can talk….", he screamed, still shocked by the strenge events of the day. The next moment he stood still… and turned round to look at Sam's sister. He looked astonished and almost lost his speech once again. But she only smiled, moving away and disappearing in the darkness of the next room.
"You didn't tell me", he looked at Sam.
"Tell you what? That my sister knows some simple magic? Why? Is that a problem?"
"Well, no but… what if?...
"No 'if', ok?..She's not a witch or something. She's mortal, she just took  a few lessons from Master Percival".
"Ok, ok… i don't really care, untill my voice is ok", Ivan said, feeling that there had always been something his best friend prefered to keep as a secret from him…

11:01 PM Jan 23 2008 |

JAKI

Argentina

I`m from ArgentinaCool

11:28 PM Jan 25 2008 |