Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why women wears high heels ?

devindernagpal

India

Respectable women.

why Most of the women likes to wear high heels?

(I mean from high heels difference of level of ankle & toe not elevation of foot wearing 3 or 5' thick sole")

do you feel comfortable ?

What is the secret ?

12:58 AM Aug 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

loveOK

loveOK

China

They think that their look is more important than life,who will  care about whether they are comfortable or not?

02:59 AM Aug 05 2008 |

jocelynliu

jocelynliu

China

I don't think wear high heels can makes me feel comfortable.But the  women like fashion,wanna be more beautiful.When they get used to it,no one feels uncomfortable.

03:07 AM Aug 05 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

It’s because of woman wants to level up man’s height. Most women have shorter height comparing to men. So they’d feel comfortable if they wear high heels. Also I think women have a beautiful leg. So by using it their leg would be more exposed than ever. So it’s fine as long as they feel comfortable with it.It’s just my opinion.=)

05:40 AM Aug 05 2008 |

happyzhouping

China

as the matter of fact , l really very hate wear heels , say noing of comfortable further , wear heels just for work ,fashion ,beatiful and more high and so on ,because l just 160 cm

08:56 AM Aug 05 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

it's just for woman. but i think if it's for man also he will feel as woman's feeling when he wear itWink.. high heels make me feel with authority.but not comfortable for the body… 

04:07 PM Aug 05 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

04:37 PM Aug 05 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

very simple, your behind looks better that way Laughing

when you are used to it it isn't uncomfortable at all, I can just as easy run on high heels as I can on sneakers.

05:06 PM Aug 05 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

For loveOK & jocelynliu,

I am unable to understand ,how wearing 'high heels' increase look ?unable to understand it's attraction. why comfort is not preferred ?

Mike.

If women want to incease their height by wearng high shoes, they can do it by using thick soled shoes having flat sole, by minimising level ankle raising , which could be comforatble alittle bit, but high heels… ? very unnatural !!!!!

Hakimi

I feel it's true to judge the beauty of woman by looking at her feet, normally we care minimum of our feet, but if a woman cares her feet , it means her face too shall be clean & maintained, it shows sensitiveness towrds feet.Smile

Happyzhouping

Our body is gift of nature & we should accept it as it is & live comfortably. To whom do we want to deceive ?

I agree to aeanema

Joepudding

I try my best not to have hair upon my face, I too wish to look like woman ,clean & silky skin so as to be more , but nature has his own way so I have to accept it & stop shaving my face.

NabilaSh

Man is always at the edge of losing balance even without heels that's why we can not afford wearing high heels,we loose balance of mind tooWink hahahaaa, we are always in authorative mood but woman just pretend to feel higher!!!!!!!hahahaaaaaa

Oonah , yes you are right, behind looks attract much , but you can run wearing high heels too, I feel that would be a wonder.. & what about your behind looks ?

05:44 PM Aug 05 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

oonah is right. Heels tend to accentuate a certain asset. 

Oonah, maybe you can demonstrate.  Money mouth

06:43 PM Aug 05 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

I am a secure, feminine woman, I do not wear high heels because I feel the need to look taller than I am or because they give me more authority. Woman who seek to be equal to man lack ambition.

I wear high heels because I enjoy looking attractive and because they look pretty with my bags and match my wardrobe, I have a weak spot for shoes in general and I have to give a purpose to all the shoes in my closet, hehe, else I cannot buy any more of them, now that would be a real pity, I love shoes.

The first time you try on your mother's high heels as a little girl it gives you an idea how it feels to be a grown up, feminine woman, that never goes away and when you feel feminine, you look feminine.

Uncomfortable? It depends on the quality of the shoes, not on the heels.

And yes Dev, I can run very well on high heels, I do not often do it, I do not like to rush and it is definitely more sexy to walk than to run, but I have been seen running on high heels in order to catch the plain for instance and I do it very elegant to.

08:02 PM Aug 05 2008 |