Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why women wears high heels ?

devindernagpal

India

Respectable women.

why Most of the women likes to wear high heels?

(I mean from high heels difference of level of ankle & toe not elevation of foot wearing 3 or 5' thick sole")

do you feel comfortable ?

What is the secret ?

12:58 AM Aug 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

oonah

oonah

Germany

G, for you always, I am walking up and down the stairs, especially for you right now.

Innocent

08:09 PM Aug 05 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

dev , i think woman doesn't care of comfort when she wants to feel beauty. that's because men.. men look first at woman's appearance.. maybe she feel loser when she care about her comfort but not her beauty!!!

am i right? 

08:31 PM Aug 05 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Just as I imagined   ;)

09:10 PM Aug 05 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

oonah,you seem to have strong feet and a lot of grace!

i can't do that!i don't wear high heels except in parties and i feel as tortured.

i think that the heels were invented for a man at first.he was a short king of france.and then,women found it interesting and wore.it's ok if they can manage it.

10:01 PM Aug 05 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

Hey Lilimira,

could be, Napoleon was a very little guy, I hear.

I think it is a matter of getting used to it, if you wear them daily, it becomes a custom, and the first time I tried them on i fell on my face. :)

10:16 PM Aug 05 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

NabilaSh,

I don't have any definiation of beauty for having contact with the woman & what high heels add to beauty ? I don,t understand.

Most of the women like to paint their lips with lipstick,I don't understand Why ?,caring is good but what is the defination of beauty ,I don't know,

can you tell me please ?

01:31 AM Aug 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Oonah, you have the creative reason to wear high heels,because you don't lose your comfort, so you can have authority to choose as you like.

Otherwise,feeling uncomfortable & difficult & wearig the same has no justification.

01:36 AM Aug 06 2008 |

elva20082008

China

because we want to be more confident!

01:46 AM Aug 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Elva,

Confidence lies in High heels ?Laughing

01:53 AM Aug 06 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

wasn't foot binding man's attempt to suppress woman?

"Women do not want to be told they have big "pods" "

true, I wouldn't recommend telling a woman that Laughing

02:08 AM Aug 06 2008 |