Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why do we read Quran, even if we can’t understand a single Arabic word????

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

This is a beautiful story.

An old  American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern  Kentucky with his young  grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading  his Quran.  His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate  him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, "Grandpa! I  try to read the Quran just like you but I don't understand it, and what I  do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading  the Qur'an do?"

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the  stove and replied, "Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a  basket of water."
The boy did as he was told, but all the water  leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and  said, "You'll have to move a little faster next time," and sent him back to  the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but  again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told  his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and  he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, "I don't want a  bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard  enough," and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At  this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his  grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak  out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into  river and ran hard, but when   he reached his grandfather the basket was  again empty. Out of breath, he said, "See Grandpa, it's useless!"  

"So you think it is useless?" The old man said, "Look at the &nbs! p;basket ."

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time  realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a  dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

"Son,  that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or  remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out.  That is the work of Allah in our lives."

04:54 AM Aug 16 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

javamanju

javamanju

India

OSESEME : What did hakimi tell??? about embryology right,,,

go through the site…. You don;t need divine intervention to read this

http://www.islam.com/reply.asp?id=930746&ct=19&mn=930746

12:11 PM Aug 19 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

java,

first it is not islamic site, it is envious only that waffling and twesting words and talk out of the topic withdrawing the reader without evidences or replying for the miracles that discovered in this century which indicate for the only Creator who know ur thoughts in ur deep heart and who will balance ur deeds in the judgment day..i don't know what will u tell Him that day….

04:04 PM Aug 19 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professor of Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.  There, he was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for 16 years.  He is well-known in his field.  He is the author or editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers.  In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists.  When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quran which he has researched, he stated the following:

“The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad was a very ordinary man.  He could not read, didn’t know [how] to write. In fact, he was an illiterate.  And we’re talking about twelve [actually about fourteen] hundred years ago.  You have someone illiterate making profound pronouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientific nature.  And I personally can’t see how this could be a mere chance.  There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements.” 

04:08 PM Aug 19 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

2)  Dr. Joe Leigh Simpson is the Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Professor of Molecular and Human Genetics at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA.  Formerly, he was Professor of Ob-Gyn and the Chairman of the Department of Ob-Gyn at the University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, USA.  He was also the President of the American Fertility Society.  He has received many awards, including the Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology Public Recognition Award in 1992.  Professor Simpson studied the following two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad :

{In every one of you, all components of your creation are collected together in your mother’s womb by forty days…}2

{If forty-two nights have passed over the embryo, God sends an angel to it, who shapes it and creates its hearing, vision, skin, flesh, and bones….}3

He studied these two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad  extensively, noting that the first forty days constitute a clearly distinguishable stage of embryo-genesis.  He was particularly impressed by the absolute precision and accuracy of those sayings of the Prophet Muhammad .  Then, during one conference, he gave the following opinion:

“So that the two hadeeths (the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad ) that have been noted provide us with a specific time table for the main embryological development before forty days.  Again, the point has been made, I think, repeatedly by other speakers this morning: these hadeeths could not have been obtained on the basis of the scientific knowledge that was available [at] the time of their writing . . . . It follows, I think, that not only there is no conflict between genetics and religion but, in fact, religion can guide science by adding revelation to some of the traditional scientific approaches, that there exist statements in the Quran shown centuries later to be valid, which support knowledge in the Quran having been derived from God.” 

04:09 PM Aug 19 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

4)  Dr. William W. Hay is a well-known marine scientist.  He is Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA.  He was formerly the Dean of the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science at the University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA.  After a discussion with Professor Hay about the Quran’s mention of recently discovered facts on seas, he said:

“I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scriptures of the Holy Quran, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages.”  And when he was asked about the source of the Quran, he replied: “Well, I would think it must be the divine being.”

04:12 PM Aug 19 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

6)  Dr. Yoshihide Kozai is Professor Emeritus at Tokyo University, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan, and was the Director of the National Astronomical Observatory, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan.  He said:

“I am very much impressed by finding true astronomical facts in [the] Quran, and for us the modern astronomers have been studying very small pieces of the universe.  We’ve concentrated our efforts for understanding of [a] very small part.  Because by using telescopes, we can see only very few parts [of] the sky without thinking [about the] whole universe.  So, by reading [the] Quran and by answering to the questions, I think I can find my future way for investigation of the universe.” 

JAVA, enough or can i complete??

04:14 PM Aug 19 2008 |

manar222

manar222

Egypt

progression
watch Huda channel
you will find the answer
trust me
islam number one

06:06 PM Aug 19 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

when we were govered by islam we were the source for science while the rest in the world live in darkness and when our govereners let islamic legislations , corrution corroded our incestors civilization. so when islam will return to gover u will see ( as Malyzia) Mahateer Mohamed was a good muslim man who made it so..

at all events , it is not belong to islam it belong to the govereners who want collect mony only…

so ur suppose is completly wrong ad still waffling from admitting with what ur professors ( if u relate to science and i don't think so) admitted…

stop mangling cards…be fair once in ur life..just for estimate urself

06:44 PM Aug 19 2008 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

iam very thankful to OSESAME and HAKIMI for your brefief knowledge which u shared here. really it is very knowledgable for every one if they want to understand.

this site is for sharing ideas , opinions and knowledge not for war.

03:58 AM Aug 20 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

"first it is not islamic site, it is envious only that waffling and twesting words and talk out of the topic withdrawing the reader without evidences or replying for the miracles that discovered in this century which indicate for the only Creator who know ur thoughts in ur deep heart and who will balance ur deeds in the judgment day"

Do you expect anti-religious stuff in religious websites?. your sites are authentic and other site are wrong is it???. You can show only hand full of scientists, there are thousands of scientists who can prove it wrong.

embriology -  ancient greeks have a similar views on the empbryo views in quran

astronomy – The mayans,Aztecs, Greeks, arabs(both pre and post islamic), Pagans, had advanced knowledge of astronomy

some guys in india were busy calculating the diameter of earth when the entire world thought that earth was flat. Vedic astronomy was fairly advanced.

And it would be a farse if i don't mention the Chinese & Egyptian astronomy.

Second thing, You might feel that my words are anti-islamic, I am equally against Christianity, hinduism(today's "religion") , or any other religion which propogate similar views. I am neither an athiest.I believe that all religions are man made and not god made. god in not as silly human religions propogate .  

Progression :  I can proove scintifically that god exists( not the god which holy books claim )

04:21 AM Aug 20 2008 |