Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE WRITER?

aelita

aelita

Uzbekistan

I think that reading plays a great role in bringing up. Children who like reading become more clever and intellegent. I love reading. From the early childhood I began to read. Firstly it were little stories then fairy tales and then stories about animals or children of the same age.At about 13-14 I began reading love stories.Then detectives. Now I like life stories. My favourite writer is Solzhenitsyn. I like all of his books.

Okay and what is your favourite writer and why do you think reading is important?

04:40 AM Aug 30 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

aelita

aelita

Uzbekistan

Do you consider reading as the important part of bringing up?

04:46 AM Aug 31 2007 |

Aussie

Aussie

Russian Federation

I think that`s one of the MOST important parts of the child`s upbringing. It helps to enlarge his or hers vocabulary. My favourites are: Oscar Wilde (Kiss),Erland Lou, Sophie Kinsella, JK Rowling, M. Bulgakov, John Grishem and etc…

12:29 PM Aug 31 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

Lu Xun ,  Zhongshu.Qian,  Ba Jin(chinese writers)

Jane  Austine and Mark Twain.(foreign writers)

03:57 PM Aug 31 2007 |

zahra87

zahra87

Algeria

well for me i like WASHINGTON IRVING especially his story RIP VAN WINKLE +william faulkner whose novels are complex and exiting

10:30 AM Sep 01 2007 |

aelita

aelita

Uzbekistan

About TV!!!!

I agree that it can help if it is used in the right way but mostly it does quite the opposite. TV attracts and one can not do anything but waching it everytime.

Solzhenitsin is the nobel price winner!!!!

Don't you really know him?

He lived in the soviet union and then moved(was departed) to America!!!!!He wrote the great description about the life in the Soviet and about the hard works where he was himself.

05:49 AM Sep 04 2007 |

aelita

aelita

Uzbekistan

I'm happy that you become interested in his great life. By the way he is still alife,lives in America and writes.Recently he has been awarded by  Russia goverment. I think it'd be better to read his stories. They are like authobiography.

He was about 27 when he had been arrested.

Some people think that he betrayed Russia and so on and so forth(I've read some comments on after his interview). I hope that you will understand that he was betrayed by his native country.

05:23 AM Sep 05 2007 |

egyptian diva

Egypt

When  I was  younger,  I  just  loved  reading  for  Jules  Verne (Science fiction).  His  work is  among the classics  of Englilsh literature , I think.  I  used to buy his  simplified  books  because the original  ones were  more difficult  for me at the time.

But  now, absolutely, J.K.Rolings, author of the famous Harry Potter series.ًً

11:45 PM Sep 07 2007 |

kochin

Trinidad and Tobago

At the moment, Luisa Valenzuela.

12:42 AM Sep 08 2007 |

Mayno

Mayno

Tunisia

I’ve read for Jule Verne when i was young and I love his work. He is frensh writer.
I love now reading for Gabriel Garcia.He is a great writer.

12:57 AM Sep 08 2007 |

dilmurod

Uzbekistan

hi!

how are u doing?

let's meet!?

i study at economy university.

02:09 PM Sep 24 2007 |