Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

About Pronunciation

dearling

dearling

China

I am chinese, for some reason, it's really hard for us to pronounce english correctly.

I was told to listen to radio so I can follow its pronuniation, I am doing it but I still found it's hard, first, there are so many different accents, I know they should have the same pronunciation, but I cannot realize it. 

Please, what kind of radio should I listen to if I want to do better on pronunciation. Thank you in advance.  

02:52 AM Jan 05 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi! The kind of accent you should listen to depends on what kind of English you want to learn. For British English, the BBC is a great resource. For American English, news channels like CNN use the most "standard" accent. But there will always be different accents in English, because there are people from so many different parts of the world who speak it!

Good luck,

AmySmile

10:39 PM Jan 06 2011 |

kysiu20

kysiu20

Poland

Can you give a links where I can listen CNN or BBC online? I searched but I can't found them. Thank you in advance.  

10:27 AM Jan 28 2011 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi! Do you want to learn an American accent or a British accent?

For an American accent, try listening to the dialogs in Ebaby! lessons. Smile You'll hear several different American accents that way!

For British accents, here is a link to the BBC World Service: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/

Amy

07:29 PM Jan 28 2011 |