Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

Question

Weherim

Azerbaijan

If I click “english lessons”  it is shown  163 pages belows,But when I count the pages of “all theme” togethere,it is not 163,it is about 116.What is ti so?cant I find all lessons on “all theme” fields?

09:34 PM Dec 31 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

I’m sorry, can you clarify your question for me? What do you mean by “When I count the pages of ‘all theme’ together?” Just explain to me the process you’re using, and I’ll do my best to help.

Best,

Amy

12:00 AM Jan 02 2013 |

Weherim

Azerbaijan

On this link there is field:

All Lesson Themes

Alternative Celebrity Family Fashion Food Friend Health Hobbies Holidays Music NewsParty Pop Culture Romance School Soap Opera Sports Tech TravelWork

All theese themes I counted about 116 pages for lessons,but in originally on website there are 163 pages

10:47 AM Jan 04 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi, thanks for clarifying.

To answer your question: some lessons aren’t themed, because we only began using themes a few years ago. Older lessons don’t have any themes attached.

Hope this helps!

—Amy

08:12 PM Jan 04 2013 |

Weherim

Azerbaijan

Thank you veru much.You are great!

07:50 PM Jan 05 2013 |

yuminaga

yuminagaSuper Member!

China

because if there’s one thing you can’t trust Hollywood to do, it’s give you the story straight.   I cant understand   what “it’s”  mean? 

11:31 PM Jan 06 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

That’s an idiomatic use of “it’s”—to be perfectly grammatically correct, the sentence would read, “it’s to give you the story straight.” “It” refers to “one thing you can’t trust Hollywood to do.”

Best,

Amy

02:34 AM Jan 07 2013 |

yuminaga

yuminagaSuper Member!

China

thank you very much !but I am still confused ,,IT’s  = it is ,right ? 

02:52 PM Jan 07 2013 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Yes, that’s correct. So if you replaced the pronoun “it” in the sentence, the sentence would read: “One thing you can’t trust Hollywood to do is to give you the story straight.”

Does that clarify?

—Amy

11:18 PM Jan 07 2013 |

yuminaga

yuminagaSuper Member!

China

I got it ! thanks so much !but  its  really hard to understand ,I’d say

11:43 PM Jan 07 2013 |

yuminaga

yuminagaSuper Member!

China

“because if there’s one thing you can’t trust Hollywood to do, it’s give you the story straight.”  

sorry !one more thing ,its give, its to give  in this way ,are they same?

12:00 AM Jan 08 2013 |