Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

Genisys

britdam007

britdam007

India

What does the word Genisys mean anyway? I couldn’t find it in Oxford dictionary?

Best regards,

Abhishek

08:28 AM Jul 03 2015 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Genisys is a different spelling of the word “genesis,” which means the origin or beginning of something. From what I have read about the movie, it seems that Genisys is a character in the film. Not a person, but an artificial intelligence system. I have never seen the Terminator movies, so I may not be much help!

Best,

Amy

06:13 PM Jul 04 2015 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

But don’t you like the Terminator series?? 

Best regards,

Abhishek

11:56 AM Jul 05 2015 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Not really. They’re just “not my cup of tea!” :-)

Best,

Amy

11:33 PM Jul 06 2015 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

So what kind of movies do you like then? I’d say the best movie I’ve ever wathced is TITANIC. Then comes SWEET NOVEMBER starring Keanu Reeves and the South African actress Charlize Theron. So if you’re into romantic movies then I’d request you to reccommend a few good ones for me? Practically speaking, I watch all sorts of movies and I really like to watch movies that deal with the concept of time-travel. What about you Teacher Amy? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Abhishek

06:32 AM Jul 07 2015 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

I do apologize for the wait, but I just don’t know what movies to suggest. Everyone has very different tastes! I am more than happy to try to answer your grammar questions, however. I have far more experience with grammar than with movies. :-)

Best,

Amy

03:36 AM Jul 16 2015 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

That’s fine. My question to you is, on a scale of 1 to 10 how much would you rate “TITANIC (the ship of dreams)?

Best regards,

Abhishek

10:36 AM Jul 16 2015 |

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

I have never seen “Titanic,” either! I know it’s hard to believe. That’s why it’s better that I stick to questions about English, instead of questions about movies. Perhaps one day!

Best,

Amy

08:12 PM Jul 16 2015 |

britdam007

britdam007

India

So you don’t see movies at all? Do you? I’d like to know more about you please? Would like to know about your hobbies  and also things you’d like to do in your leisure time please ?

Best regards,

Abhishek

email: abhishek3498@yahoo.in

04:50 AM Jul 17 2015 |