Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Member Photos

Dorothee

Dorothee
Germany

To post a comment, please login >

| 01:57 PM Sep 18 2020

Dorothee

Germany

The German newspaper ‘GEA’ says that the Ugandan government only gives financial support to organisations taking care of orphans younger than 10. However in St. Matayo in the Diocese of Hoima there is a Catholic priest who takes care also of orphans older than that. He tries to help them find an apprenticeship. For some of them he even needs to pay for medical treatment.

| 02:59 PM May 17 2020

Dorothee

Germany

‘Suedwestpresse’ says that Uganda is among the countries with the highest maternal mortality worldwide. Plus many hospitals lack the medical ability to prevent that the newborn could get infected with HIV through its mother. Thus the OR in the hospital of Lira one of the few OR that actually have these technical possibilities is often overloaded. The hospital needs to turn down even urgent surgery as they just don’t have the capacity. They plan on collecting money to build a second OR so that not all the load would be on this one OR. Alas due to Covid-19 people lost their job, schools and universities and churches are locked and sportive events are forbidden – which of course limits the possibilities of earning money for the cause.

| 05:29 PM Apr 05 2020

Dorothee

Germany

‘Suedwestpresse’ says that thanks to the cooperation between several ecclesiastical organisations and political ministries just within the past 35 years 3 947 people in Butende (Uganda) passed their apprenticeship as mason, merchand, locksmith, electrician, plumber, carpenter or mechatronics engineer. 90% of these found work after the apprenticeship and earn enough money to care for their families. The fate of most of the remaining 10% is simply unknown.

| 04:44 PM Apr 05 2020

Dorothee

Germany

‘Tagesschau’ says that in the capital of Uganda military workers wearing mouthpieces spread food among the population so that people may stay at home.

| 12:37 PM Nov 01 2019

Dorothee

Germany

‘Domradio’ says that in the East of Africa 20.000 tons of donated genetically-modified cereals had to be destroyed after 5 people died and another 300 fell ill – all of them in Uganda – right after using these cereals in their porridge or pancakes. Scientists later found out that these cereals were contaminated with a dangerous chemical. However none knows for sure how or when these chemicals got into the cereals.

Member Photos

Learn English and Meet Friends with Ebaby! member photos. Sharing your photos is a great way to practice English.

View all member photos >