Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Please Beware of Cheaters and Scammers!

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

I got a message from someone named LOOVIA the other day. She said she was in the United States and sent me her hotmail account. I added her to my list and she contacted me. Something did not sound right as we were talking. She was asking too many questions and not giving me information about herself. She kept saying she was a Microsoft engineer and was open and friendly. It sounded like a scam to me. 

Well, it turned out that she was 'visiting her family in Ghana' over Christmas.  As soon as she said that, I knew this was a scam. She was only after money and information about me so I cut her off and blocked her.

People, please be careful out there! You can trust most people but if someone contacts you out of the blue like that, remember that it is probably a scam. If they are from Ghana, Nigeria a country like that, please be very , very careful. Don't send any money or give any personal information out to anyone unless you know for sure that they are who they say they are. It turns out that "LOOVIA" was a man in an Internet cafe. Go figure!

03:41 AM Dec 18 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

labrooy61

labrooy61

Australia

I have had Loovia contact me as well as Divina44 and Jovita121.  I am sorry if anyone thinks of these people as nice sounding young ladies but the reality is they are scammers.  I think it must be the season for it.

09:20 AM Dec 18 2007 |