Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

i want to learn from a Eng native speaker

lesleymei

lesleymei

Germany

Eng native speaker can let me improve my Eng correctly.

I am so friad about oral Eng and my gramma is not ok

Thank you very much!

06:02 AM Nov 01 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

puccatayee

puccatayee

Thailand

hi… I'm leanner English same you too.

If you want to change exprience. you can add me in your favorite.

my msn is

Hope to hearing you soon.

07:44 AM Nov 02 2006 |

lesleymei

lesleymei

Germany

sorry i did not find you MSN.

08:36 AM Nov 02 2006 |

caleb

caleb

China

hi! puccatayee

i want to learn english with you, but i cann't see your msn's mumber, if you have a free time, you can add me " "  thanks. by the way, my name is caleb, i come from beijing of china, i am a male. 

08:41 AM Nov 02 2006 |

Fassol

United Arab Emirates

Dear all,

My name is Faisal and I am 19 years old and I would like to improve my English by makeing relation ship with any one here.

Regards,

Faisal

06:24 PM Nov 10 2006 |

vera83vera

vera83vera

China

why i cant hear the sound from the “listen”? anybody can help? thanks

08:11 PM Nov 10 2006 |

billjacot

billjacot

United States

Greetings Lesley,

I am presently teaching in the Henan province at a senior middle school. If you wish, I would be happy to help you anytime.

Please understand that it is very common to experience anxiety about your oral English skills. I believe that it may be the most difficult skill of the 4 basics for learners to master. But take my advice and don't try to master this skill. I always emphasize to my students that the key lies in communication. When you speak to me, you need to satisy your needs, your desires. You need to be understood and I need to understand you to be able to respond. If we can understand each other, then we have communicated.

English is an international language. Most students learning English as a second language will never be able to speak like a native speaker and should not make this their goal. The Chinese will speak Chinese English, the Japanese, Japanese English, etc. etc. The citizens of each country will all have their own brand of English which they are comfortable using. The satisfaction comes in being able to communicate, not in the perfection of your speaking ability. Certainly it is OK to strive for improvement in things like pronunciation and enunciation, and most students do, attaining different levels of proficiency. But make communication your first goal, and when you are speaking with someone in English and they are able to understand you, be proud of that, be happy you have been able to help someone with their needs or they have been able to assist you. And always remember, you will never learn nor increase your level of proficiency in this area by not speaking.

Good luck to you and to all others learning to speak. Don't be afraid to speak. Look for opportunities to speak. Build on all of your little successes each day. Enjoy the challenge of it all. If I can be of any specific help to you, you may write to me at the email address I have provided. I also invite you to view my website:

www.spaces.msn.com/nomorespaces

to see my fotos relating to my Chinese experience and to read my blogs.

07:26 PM Nov 14 2006 |

billjacot

billjacot

United States

Perhaps you could make your question more specific. I am not sure exactly what you are having a problem with

08:46 PM Feb 18 2007 |

billjacot

billjacot

United States

In your examples, all of those I feel are correct except "cop to it". I have never heard that one used before for confess. Certainly anytime you have questions about certain usgae of words or phrases, you can email me and I would gladly help you.

10:31 AM Feb 19 2007 |

lhet0225

Philippines

hi! im filipina i want to speak english natively . but i have no confidence because of im poor in englsh vocabulary and grammar. 

11:18 AM Jan 27 2010 |

ruslancer

ruslancer

Latvia

Hello. I'm a student from Uzbekistan, living in Latvia. My name – Ruslan. I have been learning english not long time. My english is poor, but it's very important for me – to learn it fast (because i'm working – and english will give me new opportunities). I don't want to speake as native speakers, only for communicating. My friend's say that i should communicate all time with somebody, who speak english well for practice. If anybody can help me with it, if you want and have time for talk with me – my email is , skype – ruslancer.

Sorry for mistakes. Thanks and good luck!

03:02 PM Jan 27 2010 |