Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

what if you have a mean boss?

holly&honey

China

i've got a new job lately. my boss is a middle-aged woman. she is so mean to me! to tell the truth, i'm under the gun working with her. my colleagues all hate her very much,as well.

what shall i do? do you have any good suggestions?

thanks!

02:41 PM Mar 20 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

China

in my opinion , if the job is not so important , you can definitely leave , since no   fun there , you don't need to just stay there and suffer the pains the woman give to u , you can go everywhere except that company ….. just what i am thinking about ….... dont influence by me , you should decide by urself

03:05 PM Mar 20 2008 |

holly&honey

China

thank you, friend!

i feel much better to have talked with you.

i have to be strong!!!

02:35 AM Mar 21 2008 |

appleAlamAn

China

I agree with the friend above. And you should try to talk to your boss about your feeling .If she treat it as nothing ,you can definitely quit and find another job ,maybe you really don't own there.Hope you will find a good job!

02:33 PM Mar 21 2008 |

jiahui.lei

jiahui.lei

China

i see the lady is so serious. the key point is whether you like the job or not.if you are fond of it,i suggest you work there and do your best to change the way your boss think of youngster..maybe she is not believe the ability of young ladies .   i think you can overcome it.  if you don't like the job,or it makes you bored,just leave it as soon as possible.   anyway, it's your choice. i can't say too muchSmile.hope you happy.

04:17 PM Mar 21 2008 |

rihab2008

rihab2008

Tunisia

You said that all  your colleagues hate her so this her  personality .So try to ignore her  behavour  with you and focus in your work .Or try to flatter her in order to  be nice with you .Or if you can find another job  in short time  so leave  it. And before that kike her…..........I'm kiddingLaughingOk.

I hope that you can find the right and the  effective decision.

07:14 PM Mar 21 2008 |