Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

what will you do on April fool's day?

holly&honey

China

friends, April fool's day is on the way. let's share our ideas to have fun on this day.

My plan is to …(have't got any good idea)Cry

01:01 PM Mar 25 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lathy

lathy

Viet Nam

hehe,on that day,i will dont trick anybody,my business is to be vigilant over my naughty friends.Cool

02:19 PM Mar 25 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

i haven't got any plan.. I am confessing that in fact i can't make good jokes..:))

hehe let's give me an idea :))

05:13 PM Mar 25 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

ha ha, thanks for reminding me to be careful. So if a pretty young person presents me with a slab of chocolate next week , I'll make sure it's not a piece of colored rubber before biting into it! Frown

07:54 AM Mar 26 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Is that really true! Heck, and I always thought the Phillipino people are fun loving. Foot in mouth

The most famous April Fool's Day hoaxes: 

#1: The Swiss Spaghetti Harvest

In 1957 the respected BBC news show Panorama announced that thanks to a very mild winter and the virtual elimination of the dreaded spaghetti weevil, Swiss farmers were enjoying a bumper spaghetti crop. It accompanied this announcement with footage of Swiss peasants pulling strands of spaghetti down from trees. Huge numbers of viewers were taken in. Many called the BBC wanting to know how they could grow their own spaghetti tree. To this the BBC diplomatically replied that they should "place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best." 

#6: Nixon for President

In 1992 National Public Radio's Talk of the Nation program announced that Richard Nixon, in a surprise move, was running for President again. His new campaign slogan was, "I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again." Accompanying this announcement were audio clips of Nixon delivering his candidacy speech. Listeners responded viscerally to the announcement, flooding the show with calls expressing shock and outrage. Only during the second half of the show did the host John Hockenberry reveal that the announcement was a practical joke. Nixon's voice was impersonated by comedian Rich Little.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/

08:58 AM Mar 27 2008 |

adamsaeed

Maldives

i have not any plane yet

09:59 AM Mar 27 2008 |

xiawei308

xiawei308

China

say"I LOVE YOU" to a girl who don't meKiss

10:43 AM Mar 27 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Well, it's April Fool's Day today! Did anyone play a trick on you? Or, did you play a trick on any of your friends?

09:59 AM Apr 01 2008 |

folasade

folasade

Nigeria

i dont plan for it

04:00 PM Apr 01 2008 |