Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

At what age is good time for you to get married?

kindjulia

kindjulia

Thailand

Hi friends!!!!!!!!

Can you share your ideas with me at what age is the right time to get marriage?

And marry to a younger one, older one or same age?

waiting your opinion,,,,,,,,,,,,,

03:22 AM Mar 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

simple smile1986

China

In my opinion this quetion has not only answer.Everyone has his own  opinion.If u feel that is the right time maybe is the right time.

Feeling is  important!

06:28 AM Mar 29 2008 |

snow flower

China

hi:kindjulia

when you think you couldn't disjoin  with your lover, may be it is the right time. I think it isn't wrong to believe yourself 's sense.

10:10 AM Mar 29 2008 |

cynthia_Verdin

Mexico

Well, in my case I think 25 years old would be a good age to get marry, but it depends on the person. If you have lived very much adventure, met many people, gone to parties, then you can marry. But If you havent the opportunity to know many things, you have to wait a little and do all you want to do!

What do you think?

10:16 PM Mar 29 2008 |

kindjulia

kindjulia

Thailand

Hi friends, thanks for your ideas sharing with me. I know there could be lots of reasons or ideas, but i mean is in general. some say that marrrige to older one is better for women because they are mentally mature and have good underatanding rather than the young ones..

So what about the marriage between 18 girl and 45? is it still ok if they love each other????

In my case, my age is 30+ and my boyfriend's age is doubled my age, we have lots in common, but we have some minor problems sometimes. i think may be because of age gab. so tell me your thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,

02:19 AM Mar 31 2008 |

johnstonmic

United States

I find the older I get the later I think people should get married ;)

I tihnk marriage is one of the hardest things in life, also one of the bset.

If people don't know themselves and what they want from life then getting married would be a problem.  So I think holding on till the mid 20s is a good idea.

07:33 AM Feb 20 2010 |

Nice shadow

United Arab Emirates

Hi

I think I will marry who is older than me 2 or 3 years old. Also, he should be muslim, good boy, respect me and the most thing dosent be nervous.

My best wishes

08:08 AM Feb 20 2010 |

tiffanyfei

tiffanyfei

China

Hi,kindjulia,i'd happy to share my view  t marriage for you

i don't konw what kind of customs or tradition is like in your country,cuz  you know ,traditions will affact ones opinion to marriage,but one thing i did agree is that once you meet the right one,and you feel that he is the one you wanna spend your rest of your life with,and that is the right time,the right time meet the right person,maybe you have already have the rough age to think about it,but i bet you will not escape when the true love comes,isn't it julia?

there is an old saying in china,"it's better to wait than to select the right day",hope it will helps you

01:15 PM Feb 20 2010 |

tiffanyfei

tiffanyfei

China

julia,i'd tell you that,in fact, in my country,women like you who marry men many years older than them is not as rare as news,it's an ordinary thing now.the facts are,they may have to undertake the pressure from the society and the gossip tattles from public,but they really think they are very happy with each other,and thats the point.ithink if i were your friend,i will give my wishes to you.

generation gap is not horrible,just try to understand each other,cuz that thing pushes you2 together, you said you have something in common,just try to exploit it and steer these problems which you have strong conflicts away,a patient heart is needed.

lastly,sincere wishes for your happy with your husband

01:39 PM Feb 20 2010 |

Vla-di-mir

Vla-di-mir

Russian Federation

Hello friend.

In this issue there are many points of view. I adhere to the social, cultural point of view.

This point of view are based on the idea "either succeeds human social life"
It states that in the Age of 20 – 25 years, it is desirable to create a family. This view is rational and provides that children will assist parents in old age, and other items which you can write a lot.
The girl must be younger than men.

04:06 AM Feb 22 2010 |