Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Can u help me in my H.W ??

sweetie :)

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Hi guys Kiss

I've an English H.W & I need some one perfect in English

2 help me can u ?!

10:10 PM Apr 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

rizanicom

rizanicom

Morocco

what kind of homework is that ? tell me and i will see if i can help you .ok bye

11:24 PM Apr 05 2008 |

peanutmilk

peanutmilk

Philippines

can you post the the direction?

01:29 AM Apr 06 2008 |

okay this is my h.w & thx : Embarassed

Write a paragraph in which you analyze the advantages and disadvantages of living abroad.

Write your analysis here. Make sure you separate the advantages and disadvantages in your paragraph with a transition sentence. Remember to edit your paragraph when done

08:59 AM Apr 06 2008 |

peanutmilk

peanutmilk

Philippines

For me some advantages of living abroad include learning new cultures, meeting people of different cultural background, learning a new language, and having an opportunity to share your knowledge about your country and culture to people of different nationalities and influence their perception of a different culture like yours. On the other hand, living abroad also has disadvantages and some of these are having to adapt to new environments and a new lifestyle, struggling to meet a different set of social and economic standards, struggling to use a new language effectively, and having to deal with the stereotypes and racist remarks of people of different ethnic background.

*Note: The transitional phrase I used was "on the other hand". I hope these two sentences help. you can add a brief explanation at the end of this paragraph. or you can also try to find opposites – one from the first sentence and the other from the second sentence i wrote – and put them in one or two separate sentences like:

"Living abroad is advantageous because I get to learn about a new culture and develop a better understanding of other people. However, it can also be a disadvantage because I sometimes need to adapt to that culture and actually live it as they do."

Other transitional words are "but", "whereas", "nevertheless", "so" and "therefore". Please look these words up in a dictionary like this yahoo dictionary http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/;_ylt=AqfCvWKhwc.O7vaC4qHaiEGugMMF if you are not familiar with the meaning of these words.

09:43 AM Apr 06 2008 |

thank u soooo much peanutmilk u look cooperative Kiss

07:52 PM Apr 06 2008 |

peanutmilk

peanutmilk

Philippines

you're welcome. :)

01:29 AM Apr 07 2008 |