Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

i think Crazy English is the best way to learn english.

Ma Huilong

China

i think Crazy English is the best way to learn english.

06:29 PM May 14 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

This is the first time I heard about this. From what I have read just a while ago, I must say that I am a bit suspicious about the end results of such methods. Maybe I am wrong.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/04/28/080428fa_fact_osnos

I have come across a few "English Teaching" snake oil vendors in my country.

07:53 AM May 15 2008 |

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

Hmm… If I've got it right  (I read this article pointed by Mr Tiffintime – thank you, by the way Smile – you're always so reliable) - it is very unlikely to be efficient if you want to speak English and understand english-speakers.
May be in case you want to SHOUT in English – it could be a good method Laughing

10:36 AM May 15 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

There are a few "English Teachers" in this country (and this may be true of other countries also) who pack hundreds of students in a hall, and use loudspeakers. They chant something in English, and then the "students" say out the same words after them. These businesses are advertised as "Spoken English Classes". This is a bit like the proverbial "blind leading the blind!" 

11:08 AM May 15 2008 |