Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

do you like Amy Tan's novel?

jeaniswithyou

China

I am reading Amy Tan's THE KITCHEN GOD'S WIFE at present. If you are happened to be one of her fans, or you are a reading love, let's exchange our feelings and comments toward those books we have read. Let's know each other by reading books first and communicating later.

08:39 AM Dec 17 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Etan

Etan

France

what is the subject of Amy Tan's novel ?

06:56 PM Dec 18 2006 |

jeaniswithyou

China

hi Etan,

I am reading it now so I can not give you a very satisfactory answer till I finish it. But I think you can get more helpful information on AMAZON.COM by reading those wonderful comments. Amy Tan is a Chinese American so most of her work are subjected the situation of those Chinese who live in American and the culture shock they have confronted.

I read your profile and found you a France. Can we be friends? Besides English I am also learning French now. Can you help me with my French study?

many thanks.

Jean.

07:26 AM Dec 19 2006 |

Etan

Etan

France

if you have any request in French, ask it to me and I will answer you…

to have more words in my vocabulary, I gonna buy an english book like "the da vinci code"...

keep well Jean

08:40 AM Dec 19 2006 |

jeaniswithyou

China

Da Vinci Code is an interesting book for reading…but I didn't get time to read yet. I just watched the movie this summer. Later I guess I will managed to find time reading it. I hope you will enjoy your reading after you get the englihs book. Smile

11:35 AM Dec 20 2006 |