Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Why is this world so fucked up, come out with your opinion guys and galz

jitesh2025

jitesh2025

India

My name is Jitesh and I am from India, I guess you would know where is India but for those people who don't know where is India it is in south Asia.

I am very disturbed and pissed off with what is happening in the world. There is so much of bloodshed, corruption, hypocrisy, double standards and other thing that are rampant in this world nowadays. 

That is why I have given this caption “Why is this world so fucked up “ and that’s the reason I have started this forum. The reason for starting this forum is to get people from all over the world to present there forthright views and to get some concrete ideas regarding this issue, On how we can improve this world and what can be done by an ordinary citizen like us, So that we are able to contribute to this world in a better way.

09:13 AM Dec 19 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

jitesh2025

jitesh2025

India

Nice to meet you Michael_frp.  I agree with most of your points. But I am not sure Capitalism is such a bad thing, I am open for a discussion on that. I totally agree with you, On the point that we should all unite and make this world a better place for all of us.  

09:25 AM Jan 02 2007 |

michael_frp

Ecuador

hi jitesh 2025, i know not everybody think alike, this is impossible but is my way of thinking that most problems of the world are becuase of capitalism, this capitalists make war in irak for oil profits not because irak had any weapoons, this capitalists profit selling weapons to israel which in turn kills the palestinians, this capitalists sponsored so many dictators in latin america and look at how poor our countrys are in latin america becuase of capitalism, the way this system works is by acumulation of capital in the hands of a few which in turn means the rest live in poverty, state property promotes free education and health care for all, this is the way for me

11:17 PM Jan 02 2007 |

earthman

United States

Damn.man.simply becase everyone are fucking around.

11:45 PM Jan 02 2007 |

xthuo2008

China

Hi! I am Kingly Huo from China. Let me answer your so deep question.

Originally, in the world  the society was filled with humanity. As the separate property of private goes, more and more people pursue the benefit, the reputation, the honor and the like. So the world became fucked up.

As the Chinese saying goes,people was so good when he came to the world. But now an saying come out: people was bad when he came to the world.

Do you agree?

07:56 AM Jan 03 2007 |

jitesh2025

jitesh2025

India

What you have said is somewhat true Michael in the world context but there are also some advantages of being a capitalist economy, look at the example of USA. But I know where you are coming from on the capitalist point of view. I totally believe that we should have a equal distribution of wealth among each of the countrys so that every country prospers. 

And all those Capitalist bastards who are just worried about their profits should be shoved with a stick in there back side. 

11:27 AM Jan 03 2007 |

jitesh2025

jitesh2025

India

Very nice to meet you KinglySmile 

I agree with your point of you view that the people have started looking at there own interests. That is one of the main reasons that this world has become so intolerant towards each other. In my personal opinion the world is good in general but there are few bastards who are making it rotten.

11:27 AM Jan 03 2007 |

Newcastle

Newcastle

Spain

Hi, again..

Deep matters are being dealt here..After reading your stories, boys…I just can say, if one thing i think having learnt is to avoid complaining myself about incidents that took place in the past , even less blaming me for it or looking for someone to blame for…just to face life like it is, trying to find out the positive side when seems to be hidden and doing my best in order to change all the things i don't like…

So, Let's go down to work! I mean, why don't we make something all of we together from this forum to give the first step towards THE CHANGE? Why not everyone provide a suggestion and we try to move them on? Come on! who dares to be the first? ;-)

11:07 PM Jan 09 2007 |

michael_frp

Ecuador

jitesh that wich you are saying will never happen, capitalist works on accumulation of capital but capital is limited, we cant all have a million dollars cause the system would collapse, in order for capitalism to work the system needs to have a higher number of poor ppl than rich ppl because the poor ppl are the labour force and labour in itself is the only marketable asset the poor have but since there is a labour market we cant decide how much to charge for our labour but instead others decide how mush we should get paid for our work while the wealthy owners of enterprises that prosper from our labour get richer and can further devaluate our labor value thus eliminating any possibility of progress for the working class

08:55 PM Jan 14 2007 |

Craigistired

United States

Someone I know started doing drugs, the guy she gets the stuff from raped her while she was messed up. She nows gives the guy free sex in exhange for drugs.

My friend's dad best friend died in a motorcycle accident. He crashed and the bike count on fire. No one found him for two hours, he burnt to death. He was 35, married, had one kid at home and another one on the way. Apparently his wife is now alone and my friend's dad almost had a mental breakdown.

There's some quote in Slaughter-House Five that says something like "You should focus on the good things in life." And if you've have read the book, it's very depressing. But I guess you could say that if you ignore problems than things won't ever improve but maybe sometimes you're completely helpless from changing the world into a good place because no matter who you overthrow or which unjust law you remove there will eventually be another one waiting right behind them/it. And it's hard to know what people's true intentions are and if they're competent enough to carry them out. 

03:12 AM Sep 14 2007 |