Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

sometimes English is bad! why?

ayenreyes

ayenreyes

Philippines

people who went  to America and after a year if they came back, they already forgot their Language! that's really sh-t!

ym: heavenz32

11:04 AM Jun 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

jazzygirl_1991

United States

I am bilingual since my mother is American and my father is Arab and I did lose my Arabic when we lived in America for 3 years and didn't bother to practice the language. But I learned it back, though I am not fluent in it as I am in English. I believ you can avoid losing your language if you practice it. My dad did not lose his language when we there; he just did not bother to practice it with us so we wouldn't lose it.

10:52 AM Jul 20 2008 |

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

My whole country doesn't speak it's native language -  seems to have forgotten itFrown Only media, schools and some enthusiasts. That's a real "sh-t", ayenreyes!  

Those who want will never forget! 

06:20 AM Jul 21 2008 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

You have to ask yourself, why am I learning English anyway? If you always want to speak poor English, then keep speaking your own language with friends and family. That way you will not forget your native language and English will always be something that you dabble in, something that you never perfect. I suspect that you will always speak broken English but, hey, you will still be fluent in your native tongue. 

Most people learn English for a chance at a better life, better financial security.  If maintaining your own language is vitally important to you, then learn English as a hobby.

12:47 PM Jul 21 2008 |