Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

the effectiveness of online english learning on englishbaby website...

Merry KHO

Merry KHO

Indonesia

hello everybody..Smile

I am a college student. and I am very interested on this englishbaby website because we can improve our english ability in this.

that's why i am attracted to conduct research about " why this online english learning on englishbaby website is the effective tools for your  learning?

i need your help to answer this question. AND IF you don't mind, i would to chat with you too. Please state your hotmail id or yahoo messager id. For sure, my hotmail is or yahoo messager is .

i will be very appreciate into this cooperation.

thank you:) 

04:51 AM Jun 28 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

aljensen

aljensen

United States

You're getting a lot of real English on this site, this is way native speakers in North America actually talk, especially young people. I'm not sure how much it would help with taking a test though.

02:45 PM Jun 28 2008 |

Merry KHO

Merry KHO

Indonesia

so, do you think  it is effective or not??

02:57 PM Jun 28 2008 |

Merry KHO

Merry KHO

Indonesia

Hey, everybody…

I need your help to fill this questions.

Please…

do you think online english learning is effective for your english learning??

it is just simple question.

have a nice day:)Laughing

03:01 PM Jun 30 2008 |

Stitch

Stitch

Taiwan

A Ebaby! Blog 

http://englishbabyblog.com/2008/06/23/its-official-social-networks-help-students-learn/

It’s Official. Social Networks Help Students Learn.

While it’s taking a fair amount of time, many educators are coming around to the idea that students can learn valuable skills from each other while interacting online, even in social networks.

The Economic Times reports that according to a new 6-month study by the University of Minnesota that watched the online behavior of students from 13 high schools in the Midwest, social network users were found to learn lessons in technology, creativity and “being open to new or diverse views and communication skills.”

How about that? Sharing ideas can encourage learning.

A student-empowerment movement is happening. Learners are becoming more reliant on their peers and less reliant on their teachers to disseminate information. Sure it’s valuable to have an English language teacher help correct grammatical mistakes, but it can be just as helpful when a friend shares that the most important phrase he learned on a recent budget trip to New York was “Where can I get some pizza?”

Teachers are an important educational resource but students often do a better job sharing real-world experiences. What sounds more engaging – memorizing how to ask directions or listening to a friend tell the story of how she misunderstood a bus driver and instead of riding to San Diego, she ended up in Las Vegas? A little bit of context goes a long way.

07:28 PM Jul 01 2008 |

Stitch

Stitch

Taiwan

I used to hate English classes, because all we do is study and take exams. The language was meaningless to me. English was just a boring subject in school.

It all changed when I started to use my broken English and connect with people 8yrs ago. I think the human connection is the greatest joy and drive for me to learn English. English, baby! give everyone the chance to find that connection and enjoy the interaction through English. Smile

07:34 PM Jul 01 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I got many whole new words and new sentence’s structures from ebaby. Yeah I think learning english online would give many advantages to all onliners. Y’know by talking and discussing things in english we get used to with english. And I found out that my english became better day by day.=)
btw are you on a language research? If so, good luck with your work..
God Bless Indonesia..

08:25 PM Jul 01 2008 |

Merry KHO

Merry KHO

Indonesia

thank you so much all of you….

You are really helpful…

God Bless all of Us…..Smile

05:28 AM Jul 03 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I’m an Indonesian too Merry. I’m sorry for the missunderstanding.=)
good luck with your research..
Hopefully God save Indonesia from corruption and oil crisis.=)

04:48 PM Jul 03 2008 |