Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

What Constitutes a Successful Marriage?

Shelly 023

Shelly 023

China

Most young poople believe that romantic love is the most important condition for marriage,however,quite a lot of older people maintain that a maintain  that a marriage based on romantic alone will not last long ,for a sense of responsibility is most essential to a successful marriage

what is your opinion?

02:18 PM Sep 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

noor2005

noor2005

Saudi Arabia

I agree with those who belive that love alone is not enough to have asucessful marriage cause of  some of the circumstances that u will face with ur husband like saving money and raising ur kids ….etc and u need someone to respect the meaning of life itself . u don't need his love only to ge things right with the one u love . what about u guys what do u think men should give their wives besides love and what about u men . what a woman should give    her husband besides love?     

04:06 PM Sep 10 2008 |

nikoljanson2008

Germany

love is essential but not adequte for marrige since some of angry man fall in love a girl but the couldnt break own their habbit so they really bother their love

07:36 AM Sep 11 2008 |

anzhela

anzhela

Germany

i think  marriage is successful when there is mutual understanding and respect between couples they must share and respect their opinion each other, without this marriage will be predestined adn also devotion is so essential for relationships

03:02 PM Sep 12 2008 |

Rahma MD

Rahma MD

Indonesia

I have once asked to elder people who has been being married for years that love is not the only thing that can make a long life marriage. More than that, after being a couple "behavior" is most important. How's a husband protect, guard and educate his wife. How's a wife respect her husband. How they understanding each other and accept their couple as they are. And u know sometimes for people who not marriage coz of love, love its self can appear after marriage cause by good natures/characters from their couple.

06:16 AM Sep 13 2008 |

freedom-soul

United Arab Emirates

not to marry !

07:50 AM Sep 13 2008 |

pink angel

pink angel

Saudi Arabia

in my opinion love is very important and needed in marrige life but by the time love will take different shape like doing what the other member likes and leave what he hates  ,  gradually and slowly one essential thing is more important   is understanding between both of them so they can live in                           a harmony , fianlly love is  necessayr but not everytnig but we need it   some time

08:55 AM Sep 13 2008 |