Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

How do you imagine my country ''IRAN''?

danialir

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I want to know that the people in other countries how imagine my country .

it's very important for me and here is the best place for ask this question.

10:11 PM Sep 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Rahma MD

Rahma MD

Indonesia

I'm so sorry if there r some Iranians who don't like their president for some reasons.

but in my opinion he is a brave president and having a principle of life. Especially for his support to Palestinian freedom which has been being occupied by Israel for years.

Mr.Worldmikel, I'm sure you r a wise man :)

like u said, ur president has never promised to "wipe" a country off the face of the Earth coz he no need to say anything, he will directly attack the countries with the feigned reasons.

Bush promised to kill Osama bin Laden and he hasn't even managed to do that

Hv u ever thought why?

does it because osama is not his real target??? your gov. just wanted to overthrow Taliban in Afghanistan to replace it with a new gov. that pro with america ?for oil/energy?or for other reasons???  

Ahmedinejad has promised to do this to Israel

don't u know how suffer Palestinian people every day under israel occupation?

link this one: http://www.infopalestina.com/

As far I notice, Iran wants nuclear program just for energy. And America suspects too much (more than necessary). Do u still remember, why America attacked Irak? It was only because America's bad prejudice which said that Irak had weapons of mass destruction. And now where's the weapon??? in short It's only a justification to attack other countries.Ask why?

Any nation that feels subordinate to the USA can do their part to thwart the hegemon if they desire. In Indonesia, close-up Bali and Jakarta to tourists. Close Starbucks, Baskin-Robbins, Hard Rock Cafe, Dunkin' Donuts and the California Pizza Kitchen. Shutdown factories that export to the USA.

Mr.Worldmikel, i think it's not a fundamental solution for this case.

not with nuclear bombs or small ones that take out tourists and Indonesians in shopping malls.

I think u must make any differences between attack/assault/terror with bombs or small ones by country and by individual or group.

finally, only God who knows everything. Every bad deed will get a bad reward. I think it has been out of track, sorry!

I wanna stop this here :)

09:30 AM Sep 14 2008 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

I appreciate everybody's opinions. Don't hold back. I don't get offended by your opinions. Opinions are often the best way to practice utilizing the language. It exercises your vocabulary and stretches your ability to communicate by the necessity to express the things you feel strongly about. Words are better than bullets. Smile

I'm happy to learn about your views.

02:59 PM Sep 14 2008 |

ely96

ely96

Sweden

i think iran is so beutiful but it has alot of problems

the most impotant problem is the government!

03:07 PM Sep 14 2008 |

floyt

floyt

Turkey

Firstly, the thing i wanted to say : In Iran the religion is used by government it is so bad for their life because the religion is in people's heart not in their appearance. Any way i have mark of respect for everyone's opinions. Everyone can do what they want. In result, they are free dont they?

Besides, i like leader of Iran (Ahmedinejad) because of his bravery not his opinions and this bravery encourages other Islamic country about defending themselves from outside threats. 

(In my opinion, In general Some countries have a prejudice against Muslims it is obviously clear i can see it everywhere in games, internet, books, magazines)

Lastly, things that i want to say as personal: I like Iranian people they are friendly and humble. At the same time Iran's culture is one of the biggest culture in the world in spite of being mix due to the population like Ottomans.

08:09 PM Sep 14 2008 |

rghaffari

rghaffari

the religion in iran is the best,but they dont do it axactly and this is the problem.

11:43 AM Sep 23 2008 |

SAEID 17

SAEID 17

IRAN IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

10:09 PM Sep 25 2008 |

wayne198719

China

With war and fighting all time,but people from Iran is great!

12:53 AM Sep 26 2008 |

reyhaneh

reyhaneh

Thanks danaliar for ur great subject. Luckily most of opinions are positive. I wanna say my opinion, too.1. Iran is a dangerous country??! I`m surprised, Iran is safer than many countries, esp. US. I don’t say that there isn`t any crime in Iran but at least students don`t carry gun with themselves to school & don`t threat & kill their classmates. Iran is a beautiful country with kind people, Iranian are famous for their hospitality in the world. So I promise if you travel to Iran, nobody would attack you.2. Iranians are terrorist NOBODY remember that Iran attack to a country but EVERYBODY remember war in Iraq, Afghanistan…  Iranians are peace-minded & wanna communicate with other nations by talking & discussing not attacking to them.3. Wow, I see a new version of Mr. Ahmadi-nejad speech (Mr. worldmikel, never compare a person like Bush with Mr.Ahmadi-nejad) which we wanna nuclear weapon in the use of offense???! What`s ur source? FOX news, CNN, BBC, which are not neutral about Iran! They wanna express a case in an untrue way, base on their own benefits. Iran wants nuclear power in peaceful purposes. It doesn`t matter if US has nuclear weapon & use it but other nation can`t have nuclear energy? That`s not fair.4. About Iran religious government. Religion is not just go to mosque or church & worship God. Religion is a system, a plan for ur life & show the correct way to reach perfection. All the Muslims know that our prophet run the country base on religious precepts. So religion is necessary to run a country but maybe all of our governors are not the best one & act in a best way.5. Mr. worldmikel, if u wanna collect some information about Iran, watch some valid movies not a movie like Persepolis which is against Iran & Iranian people. I`m really sorry for it`s director. I`m really proud of my country & our brave president.I invite all of you to travel to Iran & enjoy it`s beauties._

11:59 PM Sep 27 2008 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

You are a true believer. Tyrants need true believers that don't question authority to remain in power and flourish.

Don't confuse cunning, belligerent and racist as brave. 

It is unfortunate and wrong in total, but you should know that most of the world associates "shiite" with "terrorist". There is a reason for this. All you have to do is a Google search with these two words: shiite hijack. You'll find a long history of various hijackings of airplanes by Shiite Muslims. These have often been violent. In nearly every story, there is a connection to Iran. This does not mean that all Shiites are terrorists, but all these incidents are remembered in that way. And Iran is remembered for these.

Your cheerleading for Ahmedinejad says that you are part of the favored wealthy class in Iran. Your life may be on auto-pilot. Here in the US, children of corporate bankers also believe their daddies should get big bonuses and golden parachutes and that they should have nice big cars to drive to school. 

http://www.englishbaby.com/findfriends/gallery/detail/29169

The fact that all your favorite movies are mostly American which are projecting American values is interesting. This shows that your values are sort of mixed-up. That is not a terrible thing, but it does demonstrate what I said in my original post: "Iran is a confused country". Religion tears Iran's people in one direction, patriotism tears them in another direction and then rational thinking gets tossed into the mix to finish off the cocktail. Israel is about the same way. They just have more nations they can count as friends in the world. 

Something else you should know: The CNN, Fox and whatever other news outlets you may see in Iran are not exactly the same broadcasts as in the US. They are different. I'm skeptical of their News, too.

Also, since US companies are prohibited from marketing to Iran, all the books, magazines, music, movies and these satellite programs that you see from the USA are STOLEN. I'm not crying for any of these big companies, but in the case of these products being seen or sold in Iran, they are acquired through THIEVERY. They cannot be sold or distributed legally there. That says something about your government, doesn't it? Don't worry, though. I won't tell Ahmedinejad, that you are betraying Iran's interests by watching all this stuff from the Great Satan.

Tongue out

Oh… and try this. Without playing tricks to defeat the Iran government censorship, try to get to my blog page:   http://www.xanga.com/worldmikel

Others should know that in Iran, the government censors block various sites they consider opposed to their interests. The Xanga site (but not my part) hosts some people that are critical of Iran, so… the government makes it so people can't go to the Xanga site.  Censorship: That's brave, eh?

10:38 PM Sep 28 2008 |

reyhaneh

reyhaneh

Thanks Mr.worldmikel for all your favor about me & all Iranian people, for  all the lables which you put on us. I wanna just announce a part of Dr.Dyer speech: "Whenever you judge another human being, you do NOT define them with your judgment, you define yourself as s.one who needs to judge. If I called you stupid, it does NOT make you stupid, that makes me a person who has to put lables on other people."

I wish peace for all people around the world (_)

09:35 PM Oct 10 2008 |