Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

how to improve my oral english?

rock.008

China

i am  an english learner,i have learned english more than six years ,because of lack of communication, i have few chances to speak english,could someone tell me how can i improve my oral english ?i really appriciate all your replies.

09:16 AM Oct 03 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

nad1a

nad1a

Greece

well ,you said it yourself – 'lack of communication'.

so, communicate more. besides, speaking and listening go together. the more you listen to a language the more used you get to it and you develope an instinct of how the language works. 

(and i'm talking by experience here)

09:39 AM Oct 03 2008 |

nad1a

nad1a

Greece

I have this student that has never been to an english speaking country but speaks english with an authentic american accent.

but she rarely watches movies , in any other language but English, for example. 

09:44 AM Oct 03 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

to speak, u need to have convincing vocab and grammar, through reading and writing....listen to their conversation through movies so that u can improve ur pronunciation…try to speak more in english…. when u have all of them, u just need to practice :D 

just be confident and learn from ur mistake :3

:3

09:51 AM Oct 03 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

yeah nad1a

my friends are almost like that too.. because they only speak english since they were young…. and now they have problems to speak malay anyway :p  

09:55 AM Oct 03 2008 |

tomcruise

United States

You can improve it easily because already you had some experience in learning and speaking english..just read the english articles and newspapers.Try to hear english news channels..

___

Carhartt Work Gloves

investment real estate

11:02 AM Oct 03 2008 |

Missing_words

Germany

Try to imitate mother-tonge-speakers from movies. Repeat loud the phrases you hear from internet-talk (radio) channels. 

11:16 AM Oct 03 2008 |