Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

the usage about punctuation, can any one tell me why i should or shouldn't add the comma below?

oscarwukaka

Taiwan

1.For HK newspaper, the newspaper put the election news as secondary news, with 25 stories.

why i should put the comma before with above ?can i ommit it ?
2.Political bias of election news indicates that media deliberately support one party, resulting in the bias.

Can i ommit the comma above?

Political bias of election news indicates that media deliberately support one party resulting in the bias.

3.The writer therefore put forward the first assumption.

On this sentence, should i put the comma before and after the word therefore?
4.He give John and me a fruit basket, each with, 21 apples.

why i should add the comma before and after the word each with above?

04:44 PM Oct 08 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Kyle A

Kyle A

United States

1) ... Mystery is correct, but the sentence seems to be missing a word or a word was mistranslated… “with 25 stories” doesn’t make sence. Perhaps “along with 25 stories,” but then you would need a comma before “along.” There is other wats that the sentence can be taken so it needs to be defined more specifically.
2) This sentences commas are in the correct place but the sentence itself is a falacy.
3) It depends on the context the sentence is said in.
4) Just take out the second comma or write it like Mystery said. Either way is correct.

07:00 AM Oct 09 2008 |