Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

I'm a Teacher from UK..Give me a shout if you need to improve your english!!

ZainAmin

ZainAmin

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I just came across this website and was really impressed with it.  I'm a Teacher and I'm from UK.  If anyone needs any help with their English, then please let me know.  Whether your male or female, it does not matter.

04:38 PM Mar 05 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yxhhero

China

yes, I have my skype

yxhhero189

12:35 PM Mar 07 2009 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Well ZainAmin, if you are truly here to help people, then this is admirable. My suspicions were aroused because your own use of English is faulty. You may be a teacher in the UK but that doesn't say much for teachers there because every post on this thread has had at least one error in it. 

1. Whether your male or female

2. Oh Yes.

3. To people, who have left me with their MSN IDs

4. chance to sit on PC at home

The answer to your question is:

I would say the first sentence is the right one:

Yesterday, I fell of my Bicycle. (and this was directly answering someone's query!)

6. My advise would be to communicate

7.English Fictions Books

It's great if you are doing what you say you are doing but it really isn't helpful to these new English speakers to make mistakes in your answers to them. Sure, we all make typos but you have consistently shown that you don't have a real grasp of the language yet. People who learn from you will, in some cases, be learning improper English. What's the sense in that? 

What's wrong with this picture? If you don't recognize that phrase then you are an English student yourself. I've been on Ebaby a long time and I've seen many newcomers bounce in with offers to help but there has always been a catch. While your offer may be quite legitimate, I still feel that there is something behind it. Perhaps it has something to do with volunteer hours or this is for some assignment in your 'school'. I also find it curious that your 'work' doesn't allow you to use msn but it seems they are fine with Facebook. Then you say you are a teacher, then you say you are off to school, then you say your work etc. 

There are many people who try to take advantage of others on this site. It happens all the time. Part of what I do here, aside from helping people with English, is to look out for Ebaby members who might be tricked into something that would harm them. Right now it looks like they might be learning bad English from you but there is always the possibility that something is 'rotten in Denmark'. 

12:50 PM Mar 07 2009 |

yxhhero

China

sorry,what does the phrase ‘rotten in Denmark' mean? Thanks a lot!

12:58 PM Mar 07 2009 |

ZainAmin

ZainAmin

United Kingdom

The errors that you have pointed are all either typos, slang and incorrect usage of capital letters.  I understand this would not help people wanting to learn.  I will take this into account in future.

I can assure you I am not here to trick anyone but I feel quite frustrated having to justify myself.

01:13 PM Mar 07 2009 |

manoach

manoach

Thailand

I would like to improve my English because I think it is a thing to so hard for me . I learn English for 6 years but I still do not understand it . so I need you help me . I hope you can help me .

thank you so much  

06:05 PM Mar 07 2009 |

manoach

manoach

Thailand

my msn is  

06:07 PM Mar 07 2009 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

ZainAmin:- 

Hi Manu Wj

The answer to your question is:

I would say the first sentence is the right one:

Yesterday, I fell of my Bicycle.  

Thank you, you've made me happy because that was the one I thought could be right.

07:13 PM Mar 07 2009 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

ZainAmin, could you explaim me what 's the difference beetwin

revence – vengeance

07:15 PM Mar 07 2009 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Revenge means to get someone back for something that they have done.

Vengeance means to do something very intensively or in an extreme  way: He attacked his meal with a vengeance, or, the firefighters put water on the fire with a vengeance. 

Both words are from the same root word, but they have different means. Avenge means to get revenge so it's a verb. Revenge is a noun. 

01:39 PM Mar 09 2009 |