Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

what will you do if you are in my situation?

srimathi

India

Hi Friends,

I have a friend whos name is Hari. I got him as a friend 3 years back… Do you know how nice he was?

Recently we had an inevitable situation to say goodbye to each other as because we had some missunderstanding. I thought, it would be solved soon, and our friendship will continue just like it was before.

I was trying to call him for more than a month. He seems to have no intrest to talking to me and didn't attend my call at all. Atlast i tried calling him from my sister's mobile, he took the phone and said," tell me.." I was very angry and scolded him very badly for not attending my call for a long time.. He just said that his girl friend doesn't believing our friendship and so he don't want to talk to me anymore.. 

I couldn't recollect that situation yet.. I thought he is my best friend ever and our friendship will prolong for years… But it came to an end in three years.. Oh my god, I am crying still. I couldn't get out of that pain yet.

Finally i sent him a messagae saying, though you doesn't want my friendship," i would love to say you as my best friend ever. I won't disturb you anymore. take care

Today I thought of sending a mail but i didn't do that, and expressing my pain in this post.

My brain asks me to leave him just like that… But my soul doesn't want to do that actually..

Now my question is, what will you do if you have the same problem and you had a situation to leave your best friend for his girlfriend?

awaiting for your responds.

Srimathi.

02:04 PM Mar 31 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Kyle A

Kyle A

United States

Perhaps he doesn't feel like he deserves you as a friend anymore and doesn't want to tell you the reason.

In any case you aren't really left with many options. You can either keep trying to be his friend, give him some space, or move on.

I think you know your life better then anyone. You know what you should do. Just calm down and think about the situation. I am sure you will make the right decision.

06:59 AM Apr 02 2009 |

srimathi

India

Hi wangbin,

Sorry, you missunderstood me.  I just said that, I lost my best friend.. Didn't say that, he is my lover. Don't talk rubbish. I have a real faith in friendship and I respect it a lot.

Please don't think in that way my friend. I felt very bad, when I read your reply.

I really thank one and all who left a reply here.

With Friendly,

Srimathi. 

12:59 PM Apr 03 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

Sreemathi,i thnk u should let him go,i knw thts very tough ,bt as kyle said,he dosent deserves it,here ur gettng sad,n tht boy is happy with his gf,dnt get bound the the mirage of his frndsp,thrs isnt nethng,hope u dnt get me wrng,b happy

06:27 PM Apr 03 2009 |

Maniasha

Maniasha

Russian Federation

Women are used to belive in friendship between a man & a woman. But not men. They reraly need only friendship, so to my  mind – that boy – let him go. Anyway he isn't a good friend for you…......Wink

06:42 PM Apr 03 2009 |

srimathi

India

Hi Friends,

We can just say that, friendship is more important than love. But when you think in his shoe, you might have did the same.

Come on friends. We are just a human beings….We have feelings.. Think in a practical way.

He may have another friend like me in his life, but he can't leave her just like that  for me… Don't you agree this?

I can't hate him.. He is still my friend as I said earlier..

My prayers for him for his best future with his girl friend to the GOD will always be there.

May God bless you all.

-Srimathi. 

07:24 AM Apr 04 2009 |

sadhart

sadhart

Philippines

it such a difficult situation maybe but you have to move on and live our own life now…

you can make it, ajah!!

07:35 AM Apr 04 2009 |

wangbin

wangbin

China

HEY you think what i said is rubbish? Then okay.

But why you feel sad? because i believe that there is no friendship between adult man and woman. Am i right ?

I'm really sad that you said so. Anyway, i hope you can find a best way to solve it out!

01:30 PM Apr 04 2009 |

srimathi

India

Hi wangbin,

Won't you feel depressed or sad, if your friend goes away from your life? Will you be sad only if he/she is your loved one? I don't think so.

Say, if my friend hari, goes away from my life, because of some other situation or reason, I might not feel this much bad.. I would have think, god doesn't want me to continue my  friendship with him. But he left me by saying goodbye. It doesn't happen just like that….

I have so many friends who are all male!.. Do you think I can love them all?

Do you think, I won't feel sad, If I have to leave my girl friend? I would have the same feeling even when wangbin.  

I have no intention to hurt you. I am really sorry for making you to feel sad. :-(

Hope there are people here, who agree that, there will be a great, blemish-free friendship between a girl and a boy.

Looking forward your replies. 

02:32 PM Apr 04 2009 |

whywills

China

let it be what it will be!

something you don't do it by yourself, it is need the two sides to work together. 

or both of you should be calm down for some time, give each other some time to think about the relations between you and he. and maybe you and he will realized that the friendship should be keep or not.

06:13 PM Apr 04 2009 |

wangbin

wangbin

China

ok, no problem, i just wanted to do something that really helpful to you.

thanks for your attention

02:48 PM Apr 05 2009 |