Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

simple questions?~please~ Thanx every one

oscarwukaka

Taiwan

First question:

I just don’t really sure why the position of “being” in the sentences below that should be put after the CE Election Day, because somebody told me that we should put V+ing after the word “after”( just like the sentences two), and is the sentence three that have the same meaning as 1 and 2?

1. After the CE Election Day “being” released, the CE shall start regulating the schedule for the exact time and period of the CE candidate nomination, added the CE.

2. After “being” released the CE Election Day, the CE shall start regulating the schedule for the exact time and period of the CE candidate nomination, added the CE.

3. After the CE Election Day is released, the CE shall start regulating the schedule for the exact time and period of the CE candidate nomination, added the CE.

Second Question:

What is the meaning between one another as follows?

1.          I can reach as early as October 3

2.          I can reach as earlier as October 3

3.          I can reach as earliest as October 3

10:15 AM Apr 26 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Kyle A

Kyle A

United States

Question 1

These sentences don't make much sense actually… Is the CE, whoever that is, talking? What is "added the CE?" Then the it is unclarified if the voting is being talked about or the results for the voting. Anyway… from what I am seeing "being" and "is" aren't correct. I think you want to use "are."

Question 2

Uhhh, actually these aren't correct either. Unless you are talking about memories or something else I wouldn't be able to understand out of context. ... You ask really hard questions to answer. =P

I am sorry I couldn't help you more.

01:56 PM Apr 27 2009 |