Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

play a enjoyable game

igi25

igi25

Hungary

Do you feel like playing a game?
This play name is “list the favorite food”
I believe this game will connect peoples.
My favorite food is gulash. AND YOURS?

04:47 PM Aug 24 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Bogle

Bogle

Germany

So many to choose!  A perfect turkey sub.  Pizza.  Southwestern eggrolls.

05:19 PM Aug 24 2009 |

igi25

igi25

Hungary

ok…ok How the Southwestern eggrolls is prepared?
Recipe. I write you our fantastic dish, too.

05:35 PM Aug 24 2009 |

Bogle

Bogle

Germany

I have never made them myself, but I found this on the internet… 

EggrollDipping SauceGarnishDirections
  1. Preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
  2. Rub the chicken breast with some vegetable oil then grill it on the barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done.
  3. Lightly salt and pepper each side of the chicken while it cooks.
  4. Set chicken aside until it cools down enough to handle.
  5. Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat.
  6. Add the red pepper and onion to the pan and sauté for a couple minutes until tender.
  7. Dice the cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to the pan.
  8. Add the corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan.
  9. Cook for another 4 minutes.
  10. Stir well so that the spinach separates and is incorporated into the mixture.
  11. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese.
  12. Stir until the cheese is melted.
  13. Wrap the tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 30 seconds or until hot.
  14. Spoon approximately one-fifth of the mixture into the center of a tortilla.
  15. Fold in the ends and then roll the tortilla over the mixture.
  16. Roll the tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together.
  17. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have five eggrolls.
  18. Arrange the eggrolls on a plate, cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
  19. Overnight is best.
  20. While the eggrolls freeze prepare the avocado-ranch dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
  21. Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375 degrees.
  22. Deep fry the eggrolls in the hot oil for 5-6 minutes and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes.
  23. Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of the dipping sauce.
  24. Garnish the dipping sauce with the chopped tomato and onion.

07:10 PM Aug 24 2009 |

harmonyS

harmonyS

Italy

my favourite food is Turkish food; "Mantı"...yummy :)delicious

07:27 PM Aug 24 2009 |

igi25

igi25

Hungary

My favorite food. I have easy thing to prepare that because i am a cook in a restaurant. AND I LOVE DOING IT!!!
I send you, maybe you will make it…
Goulash Soup
Gulyás leves
(for 4 persons)
Finely chop a large onion and lightly fry in 2 tablespoons of fat. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of red paprika, toss in 400 g beef cut into cubes, add salt, a green pepper and a tomato and steam under lid until almost tender. Add 200 g of mixed sliced carrot and parsley root (white carrot), 300 g diced potatoes, caraway seeds if liked, and 1.2 liter of water. Cover and simmer until tender. When serving a few rings of hot green peppers can be added to garnish.
The famous Hungarian gulash was originally a soup, but plenty of meats, potatoes and little noodles, it can be eaten as a main course.
Little noodles (pinched noodles)
Kneed a stiff dough from approx. 100g plain flour, 1 egg and salt. Plunge the stiff dough piece into flour and pinche off some little flat pieces (5×5x2 mm) from it and drop them onto a plate. Continue this until all the dough is gone. During this procedure the plate can be shaken gently so the small noodles do not stick each other. Cook the noodles in the ready made soup until tender.

07:48 AM Aug 25 2009 |

igi25

igi25

Hungary

I send a message to harmonyS that Mantı is very delicious.
As I mentioned, I like the international and traditional cuisine. Just I must see fantasy in that.

07:56 AM Aug 25 2009 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

My favorite food are a lt, but today I wanna post '' Lasagne'' :D

03:55 AM Aug 27 2009 |