Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Do we have to learn english?

makifakat

makifakat

Turkey

if answer is "yes", why?

or

even though the most spoken languages is spanish, arabic, english, turkish, chinese. why do we speak spanish or arabic ..etc instead of english?

08:41 PM May 11 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Tommytanker

Germany

The reason why English is so important as a language is because, it is a very descriptive language when used correctly.

A good example of this is computer jargon.

Another good example of the descriptive (and important) side of English is that many companies around the world use English as their main language when discussing internal matters.

I.E. BMW use English for their upper management level meetings and above because of this. Wink

I hope this helps

03:52 PM May 20 2007 |

makifakat

makifakat

Turkey

If there is only one language in the world. How have it changed?

06:22 PM May 21 2007 |

114along

China

in today's globalization, English is more important as well as Chinese. for the job/life ti be better ,we have to study language such english or chinese well according to the location.   i think everybody could study english well ,but the enviroment is so important!

01:53 AM May 22 2007 |

janacalicut

India

tommytanker, you are not fully correct. we need to learn english , because it is the most used common language between people from different countries. not only english but every language is discriptive and expressive as long as you are familiar with it. according to e my mothertongue is more expressive than english.so is to everybody. I appreciate Colombian Girl for being discerned on this issue.

11:39 AM May 22 2007 |

arielino

arielino

Brazil

I think, English grammar is easier to learn than Romance Languages grammar.

07:04 PM May 22 2007 |

braincesspop

China

of course,we do.we can choose to learn in a fun way.introduce a site (www.popenglish.tv) to mastery english happily.

02:49 AM May 23 2007 |

makifakat

makifakat

Turkey

because, we don't produce technology and don't explore knowledge. Hence, we have to learn english.

05:26 PM May 25 2007 |

goldminer

goldminer

China

we have to because english is an international language and if we can master one more foreign language we will have more opportunities in the future

06:20 PM May 25 2007 |

Gomana

Gomana

Saudi Arabia

The United States invaded the whole world, so, we must learn the language to make sure of its  compulsionCool

11:42 PM May 26 2007 |

makifakat

makifakat

Turkey

even though the most spoken languages is spanish, arabic, english, turkish, chinese. why do we speak spanish or arabic ..etc instead of english?

03:47 PM May 27 2007 |