Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

I need help on how I could improve my vocabulary. =(

marv

marv

Philippines

Hello everyone. Can anybody give me a good advice on how I could increase my lexical resource. I tried taking a mock SAT test before (I got it from a book) and all the big words just drove me nuts!!! I mean, who would have thought that words like "discombobulate, ubiquitous and bamboozle" exist? Please help.

I'd be glad to have friends whom I could exchange emails with. I believe it's a good way to improve my English. My email ad is . Thanks ya'll!

06:39 AM May 16 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yuguoning

yuguoning

China

I feel the same way. who can help us.i wanna increase my lexical resource,but i don't know how to study.i am from china.can you tell me you e-mail.i wanna get a friend with you.

12:17 PM May 16 2007 |

marv

marv

Philippines

I'd be happy to be your friend Yuquoning. =) My email address is . Send me messages anytime. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this burden. You know how frustrating it gets when you just can't figure out what a word means even if they offer context clues. Boo hoo! =(

And thank you so much for that advice Brian. I really appreciate it. I guess you're right. Some words are not really used in an actual conversation. It's just that I was totally overwhelmed by all those words that came up on the test. I felt like a complete 'airhead'. Haha! 

Thanks for the Dolche lists. I'll try to look it up. You've all been really helpful guys, and I'm grateful. 

09:41 PM May 16 2007 |

marv

marv

Philippines

Yuquoning, I tried to post my email ad on my reply but I wonder why it won't appear. Anyway, my email ad is        marvcastor          and that's      at yahoo.com.

I'm sorry I couldn't put it properly. If i did, it won't appear again.

I'm looking forward to your email. And I'd be happy to have other people send me messages too. Thanks.

09:45 PM May 16 2007 |