Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Laziness - the engine of progress in English

Vla-di-mir

Vla-di-mir

Russian Federation

R = are
U = you
Y = yes
N = no, and
C = see
= At
# = Number

Also used for abbreviations and numbers are usually to replace them consonant syllable. See: the number 2 sounds like [that], thus using vysheprevedennye reduction inscription: CU 2DAY [si yu tudey] = See you today? – See you today?

As an option – 2MORO [temorou] (where the last O is read as [oy]). In the case of two, using 4 ([FD:] = four = for, for example, in terms of Bye for now-B4N) and even 8 (for example, in the word Later: L8TR). By the way, you've noticed often overlooked addition vowels, which are not under stress.

In addition to these reductions are very frequent reductions-initials. Their number rostet every day, and they use even when communicating in the forums in Russian. For example, often can be found:

IMHO – "In My HumbleHonest Opinion" – "in my opinion skromnomuchestnomu.
BTW – by the way "the way"
TTFN – ta ta for now "Well, all the while."
ROFL rolling on the floor laughing "so I laugh that rolled on the floor"
LOL laughing out loud "loud, loud, laugh"

10:31 AM Feb 26 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Dear Vla-di-mir! I've noticed (not once) that in your  interesting forum topics you often write some unclear (for not Russians) words such as vysheprevedennye :) and so on… I see that you translate your texts with the help  of the on-line translator or smth like that… :o), it's not bad, but ppl from other countries may not understand some separate words…

I'm sorry if I'm not right. And I wish you good luck!!! Smile 

08:05 PM Feb 26 2010 |

Vla-di-mir

Vla-di-mir

Russian Federation

Разве чтобы ко мне обратиться нужен английский язык?

04:30 PM Feb 27 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Конечно нужен, because we're here to learn and improve our English… And my friends from Russia speak  with me in English too.

06:15 PM Feb 27 2010 |

Vla-di-mir

Vla-di-mir

Russian Federation

Я решил, что вы дорогие соотечественники по теме, что то хотите сказать. Из за ошибок что нибудь не поняли. На тему мою заходите http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/AskEnglish/thread/375001

09:32 PM Feb 27 2010 |

rockmatt

Pakistan

Informative blogs ever much viewed, after a long time I found that type of site. I love to reading blogs because there are many new information and updates and your article have good information I like it thanks for sharing.i bookmarked this site and emailed it to a few friends, your post was that great, keep it up.

646-563 E20-001 70-685 642-873 

07:19 AM Nov 25 2010 |