Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Is Jesus God?

Fadi A. Saif

Yemen

Have you ever met a man with such personal magnetism that he is always the center of attention? Possibly his personality or intelligence--but something about him is enigmatic. Well, that’s the way it was two thousand years ago with Jesus Christ. But it wasn’t merely Jesus’ personality that captivated his followers. Those who witnessed his words and life tell us that even though he was human, he was remarkably different from all other men.

Eyewitnesses tell us that Jesus was a man who grew physically, ate, slept, felt pain, and eventually died (as claimed by some people). Their written accounts also describe Jesus as walking on water, calming storms, healing the blind and lame, and even raising the dead. Furthermore, they tell us that Jesus appeared alive to them after they watched him "die" on the cross.

Jesus’ greatness was obvious to all those who saw and heard him. But, whereas most great people simply fade into history books, Jesus of Nazareth is still the focus of numerous books and media controversy.

According to Jesus, you and I are special, part of God’s great plan for us, with him as the carrier of God's message. These and other "claims" like them stunned everyone who heard them uttered; that caused him to be viewed as a threat by both the Roman authorities and the Jewish hierarchy. Although he was an "outsider" with no credentials or political power base, within three years, Jesus changed the world for the next 20 centuries.

Although some have wondered if Jesus really existed, even most non-Christian scholars acknowledge him as a real person. The great non-Christian historian, H. G. Wells, speaks ranked Jesus as the most influential person ever. Other great leaders have left an impact-but nothing like that "unknown" carpenter from Nazareth. What was it about Jesus Christ that made the difference? Was he merely a great man, or something more? Some believe he was merely a great moral teacher; others believe he was simply the leader of the world’s greatest religion. But many, including former skeptics, believe something far more. 

To come to conclusion, Scholars' research have indicated that Jesus Christ is a person. However, the research did not view Jesus as he is supposed to be viewed. I will provide the Islamic view about Jesus Christ as follows:

Jesus is human.

- Jesus is not God.

- Jesus' miracles that he raises the dead and healing the blind and lame are true and have happened, but that doesn't make him God. As a messenger of God, he was supported by God and so God has "provided" him with miracles so people can believe he was send by God himself.

- Jesus has never claimed to be God. People might have either misunderstood or falsified his sayings.

No offense intended, I am just providing you with the Islamic perspective on Jesus Christ as a prophet and a messenger of God. 

P.S. The topic is taken from a research post and edited in a way as to delete anything offensive towards Jesus.

02:19 PM Sep 25 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Adrina

Adrina

Venezuela

There are total different points of view.  However, what I am going to write in the next lines is strictly according to the Bible. 

Jesus is not God (True)“And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God”(Mark 10:18) 

Jesus is God’s son (True)“and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”(Mathew 3:17) 

God is three people in one (False)“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one”(Deuteronomy 6:4) 

“I am Jehovah, and there is none else; besides me there is no God”(Isaiah 45:5)

“4So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no God but one. 5For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.”(Corinthians 8:4-6)

03:07 AM Sep 29 2010 |

Fadi A. Saif

Yemen

OK…

All view points and beliefs are respected, and I am grateful for your understanding, but as far as I know, Jesus is a person (i.e. a human being); God, our lord, the one and only has created Jesus as well as all of us. He is blood and flesh plus spirit. He eats, drinks, feels pain and… if you may excuse me, releases bodily wastes. A son of God in my believe ("should I say must?") be a spirit that is near to perfection if not perfect.

One more thing. God is, in no doubt, perfect. Almighty, great, etc. Then why having a son from a human woman? Why not create his son in the most perfect form from nothing (just like he did with Adam… a…nd Eve). Plus, breading is something that all creatures can have. So why would God almighty put himself in a position as to be compared with his creatures?

I do not mean to harm, nor do I mean to offend. I just need to have a clear understanding of what your beliefs are.

Thank you. _

P.S. If I explicitly or implicitly offended anyone of you, please accept my apologies. 

09:38 PM Sep 29 2010 |

Bogle

Bogle

Germany

Ok, anyone who says 'How would God allow His son to be killed obviously doesn't know a single thing about Christianity.  Why do you think He was here?  Just hanging out?  God sent his son TO DIE in place of us for our sins.  He had to die.  If he didn't die that horrible death, then his purpose here would not be fullfilled.  Anyone wishing to talk about a relgion should first have a clue as to what they're talking about, or they should keep their mouth shut.  Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No man comes to the father but by me."  Also, when his disciple Thomas saw the holes in his hands he said, "My Lord and my God."  Also, when Jesus asked his disciples who people said he was, they told him "some say John the baptist, some say a prophet."  He then asked who they thought he was and Peter said, "The Christ."  Jesus agreed with him and told him to keep it secret.  Please note that here he affirmed that he was NOT a prophet as Islam attempts (very poorly) to preach.  If Jesus is not God, then he was insane and certainly anti-Islam.  Trying to bring Jesus into another religion is ridiculous.  He said he was the only way…not someone else.  Just him.  But this is a very easy argument and even kids know this.  Anytime I find someone on this site attempting to put down Christianity, it's always something very very simple.  Please study before you speak about what you don't know.  Or read something written by someone other than someone you already agree with.  Try reading material which supports Jesus being God.  You will find it impossible to keep him in your religion.  Also, the poster of this topic said some question if Jesus existed.  He also stated (correctly) that even non-Christians usually accept he existed.  I would like to add to this.  There is proof upon proof upon proof of Jesus existing.  I don't care if someone is dumb enough to be an atheist, Jesus is a historical character and we have many records of Him.  Even the (non-Biblical) historian of the time, Josephus wrote about Jesus and all the miracles he was performing all over the lands and the thousands of people coming to him.  That's a historian recording the things happening at the time…not the Bible.  If you want to argue about Jesus being God or claiming to be God, try that argument with a proper theologian.  You will lose this debate and you will lose it badly.  If you want to gain a perspective on Jesus from an Islamic point of view, you should examine the circumstances under which the Quran was written.  God bless us all.

01:52 PM Oct 01 2010 |

Winchester_07

Brazil

Hey, guys… this is a delicate topic. Everyone here has different opinions and beliefs and, even if you don't agree with them, you must respect them, at least.

Well, Catholics believe Jesus is God' son, not the own God! Catholic's interpretation of Jesus' death is something like: "God has sent his son to Earth and then he suffered and was killed to wash away our sins". Of course, there're better words to describe this, I just don't have anyone at moment, sorry. But, some Christians interpret this as a sing of true love, God's love, who let His son to die for us, for our redemption. That's why people usually refer to Jesus as "Lamb of God". (That time, people used to sacrifice lambs as an offer to God).

See? It's complicated to talk about subjects which involves religion. We have to talk about them in a indifferent perspective in order to not offend people's belief.

04:57 PM Oct 01 2010 |

Fadi A. Saif

Yemen

<!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>AR-SA</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val=”Cambria Math”/> <m:brkBin m:val=”before”/> <m:brkBinSub m:val=”-”/> <m:smallFrac m:val=”off”/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val=”0”/> <m:rMargin m:val=”0”/> <m:defJc m:val=”centerGroup”/> <m:wrapIndent m:val=”1440”/> <m:intLim m:val=”subSup”/> <m:naryLim m:val=”undOvr”/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-><!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=”false” DefUnhideWhenUsed=”true” DefSemiHidden=”true” DefQFormat=”false” DefPriority=”99” LatentStyleCount=”267”> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”0” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Normal”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”9” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”heading 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”9” QFormat=”true” Name=”heading 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”9” QFormat=”true” Name=”heading 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”9” QFormat=”true” Name=”heading 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”9” QFormat=”true” Name=”heading 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”9” QFormat=”true” Name=”heading 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”9” QFormat=”true” Name=”heading 7”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”9” QFormat=”true” Name=”heading 8”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”9” QFormat=”true” Name=”heading 9”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”39” Name=”toc 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”39” Name=”toc 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”39” Name=”toc 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”39” Name=”toc 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”39” Name=”toc 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”39” Name=”toc 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”39” Name=”toc 7”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”39” Name=”toc 8”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”39” Name=”toc 9”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”35” QFormat=”true” Name=”caption”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”10” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Title”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”1” Name=”Default Paragraph Font”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”11” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Subtitle”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”22” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Strong”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”20” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Emphasis”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”59” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Table Grid”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Placeholder Text”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”1” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”No Spacing”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”60” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Shading”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”61” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light List”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”62” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Grid”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”63” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”64” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”65” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”66” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”67” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”68” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”69” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”70” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Dark List”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”71” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Shading”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”72” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful List”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”73” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Grid”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”60” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Shading Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”61” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light List Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”62” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Grid Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”63” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 1 Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”64” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 2 Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”65” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 1 Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Revision”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”34” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”List Paragraph”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”29” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Quote”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”30” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Intense Quote”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”66” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 2 Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”67” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 1 Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”68” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 2 Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”69” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 3 Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”70” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Dark List Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”71” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Shading Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”72” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful List Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”73” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Grid Accent 1”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”60” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Shading Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”61” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light List Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”62” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Grid Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”63” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 1 Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”64” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 2 Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”65” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 1 Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”66” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 2 Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”67” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 1 Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”68” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 2 Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”69” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 3 Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”70” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Dark List Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”71” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Shading Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”72” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful List Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”73” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Grid Accent 2”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”60” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Shading Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”61” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light List Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”62” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Grid Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”63” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 1 Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”64” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 2 Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”65” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 1 Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”66” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 2 Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”67” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 1 Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”68” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 2 Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”69” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 3 Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”70” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Dark List Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”71” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Shading Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”72” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful List Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”73” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Grid Accent 3”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”60” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Shading Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”61” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light List Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”62” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Grid Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”63” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 1 Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”64” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 2 Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”65” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 1 Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”66” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 2 Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”67” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 1 Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”68” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 2 Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”69” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 3 Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”70” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Dark List Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”71” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Shading Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”72” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful List Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”73” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Grid Accent 4”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”60” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Shading Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”61” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light List Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”62” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Grid Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”63” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 1 Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”64” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 2 Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”65” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 1 Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”66” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 2 Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”67” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 1 Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”68” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 2 Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”69” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 3 Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”70” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Dark List Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”71” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Shading Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”72” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful List Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”73” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Grid Accent 5”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”60” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Shading Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”61” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light List Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”62” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Light Grid Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”63” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 1 Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”64” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Shading 2 Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”65” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 1 Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”66” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium List 2 Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”67” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 1 Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”68” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 2 Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”69” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Medium Grid 3 Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”70” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Dark List Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”71” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Shading Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”72” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful List Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”73” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” Name=”Colorful Grid Accent 6”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”19” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Subtle Emphasis”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”21” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Intense Emphasis”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”31” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Subtle Reference”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”32” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Intense Reference”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”33” SemiHidden=”false” UnhideWhenUsed=”false” QFormat=”true” Name=”Book Title”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”37” Name=”Bibliography”/> <w:LsdException Locked=”false” Priority=”39” QFormat=”true” Name=”TOC Heading”/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]-> <!- /* Font Definitions / @font-face {font-family:”Cambria Math”; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} / Style Definitions / p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -> <!-[if gte mso 10]> <style> / Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”جدول عادي”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]->

Please, before questioning the circumstances under which the Qur'an was written; why don't you question the circumstances under which the bible was written. I am not questioning the bible itself, I am just questioning the version of the bible you have in your hands.

Debate, beat me if you want. I am not a scholar, and there's a big chance that I might lose a debate to a person who has "more experience and knowledge" than I do. But that doesn't excuse us from:

1- Learning.

2- Stating our view points.

3- Knowing the view points of others.

4- And most importantly, conveying the truth.

Paul wrote the bible right? he lived soooo many years AFTER jesus. SO his great grandfathter probably knew him. thats why it isnt considered accurate. How we know the quran hasnt been changed is that: if u were to pick up any random quran from anywhere over the world. from all different types of people. it will be EXACTLY the same. even the really old ones are exactly the same as the new ones(the ones liek recelty printed) also the shitte and the sunni have the same ones. soo u know. i remembr once i was sitting near a bible group. and their reading frm their bibles and the man is reading a verse when he get intteruppted by a lady who said: i dont have that verse in my book." That kinda tells you.

How have I questioned the existence of Jesus? I have not. I believe as much as you do, and maybe more that Jesus Christ exists.

Isn't Jesus who said:

"Worship the Lord your God, and
serve Him only.” (Matthew 4: 10).

Didn't Jesus say:

"What I teach is not my own
teaching, but it comes from God, who
sent me." (John 7: 16)

Is Jesus the only son of God?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the following from the bible?

- "Adam is the son of God." (Luke 3: 38)

- "Israel is My first-born son." (Exodus 4: 22) 

- "The Lord has said unto me, thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.” (Psalms 2: 7-King James Version). 

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9).

All the previously mentioned verses imply that the use of the word "Son" was not literal. Rather, it was sort of figurative. Since Adam is "son of God," Israel is "son of God," and all blessed peacemakers.

P.S. I have not offended Jesus, I am just trying to come to a common sensible belief.  

09:51 PM Oct 01 2010 |

PAULO GOMES

Brazil

I really believe that Jesus is God. There are many reasons for that.FIRST: God do not give His glory to another. If Jesus was a man or prophet alone, God would not have gave him all the glory, all authority and all the power. (Read ISAIAH 42.8)SECOND: Jesus said in John 8.58: before Abraham was born, I AM. And God said to Moses in EXODUS 3.14 I am who I am. This is what you are to say to Israelites:  I AM has sent me to you. Now Jesus is I AM and God is I AM, then Jesus is God, you can see it because of the same Name I AM.THIRD: Jesus said in John 14.9 Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.There are many others reasons to affirm that.Jesus is God. Jesus was with God in the beginning. He is the Lord of lords and King of kings. He is the beginning and the end. John said He was the Word, He was with God and He was God. Read it in John 1.1I hope I have helped.

11:53 PM Oct 01 2010 |

samjj

samjj

Malaysia

The Word Became Flesh – The Gospel of John 1:1-5

1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, [1] and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

04:09 AM Oct 02 2010 |

Fadi A. Saif

Yemen

PAULO GOME
S

can you please specify and make some sense, Was Jesus God or "WITH" God? because the two are different. Being with God doesn't necessarily mean that he is God.Plus, what is all that contrast in the bible. You read a verse saying that Jesus is God, and in another verse it says that Jesus is not God. Plus, how can God be killed, or… how can God be human?

02:14 PM Oct 02 2010 |

Adrina

Adrina

Venezuela

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

It’s pretty much known that “the Word” is Jesus. So, was Jhon saying that Jesus is God (the almighty God)? Absolutely not.

While it’s true that Jesus created everything, he didn’t do it all by himself because he were the almighty god. He did it because his father (Jehovah) gave him power to create everything as he (Jehovah) wanted to be created. It means following his instruccions. Jesus did exactly what his father asked him to do.  However “the mind” who was behind of all the creation was the Father not the Son. You could see it like Jehovah was the architect/engineer and Jesus was the construction worker.

And… Is Jesus a god? Yes, he is. He is a god. He is our Lord. But he is not The God (the greatest one)

Why am I so sure? I’ll write it again:

4So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no God but one. 5For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 6yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.”(Corinthians 8:4-6)

05:47 PM Oct 03 2010 |