Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

French language : Who wants to learn French?

Estelleh

Estelleh

France

French is used as the official language of 22 countries and is the co-official language of several others, including Belgium, Canada, Haiti, Madagascar, and Switzerland. It is spoken as a first language by 51 million people in France and Corsica; in Canada by 7.2 million; in Belgium by 3.3 million; in Switzerland by 1.2 million; in Monaco by 17,000; in Italy by 100,000; and in the United States by nearly 2 million (primarily in Maine and Louisiana). 

In sub-Saharan Africa, some 5 million people (in Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Togo, and Zaire) use French as their principal international language, as do additional millions in Indochina (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia). In addition, French continues to be spoken as a second language by many people in countries located along the southern and eastern rim of the Mediterranean that were once French colonies or territories (notably Algeria. Morocco, and Lebanon).

Are you interesting in learning French? If you want so, let me know. I'll try to help you starting to learn or even improve your French. 

A good opportunity for you to discover a language, maybe!

See you guys!

Estelle. 

10:58 PM Dec 10 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lovepotato

China

Estelle,

I want to learn French.

Please teach me.

I can teach u ChineseTongue out

03:32 AM Dec 11 2010 |

Gucci Yeung

China

That's awesome! I've tried to learn French by myself some time ago, thinking that the modern technique would make it possible to learn without a teacher. As a matter of fact, I did have learnt some words, phrases and grammar through the information I found on the internet. But a serious question arose, I could read some simple sentences but couldn't write because of not knowing if I was right with the usages of them. Later I met a Moroccan here and he taught me something, like feminine nouns and masculine nouns. But, unfortunately, after a break not being on this website, I found his account deleted. By then my study stopped. So at present my French still remains on the low level of "Bonjour", "Salut", "l'amour", "Je suis une fille", etc (what's worse, I even can't guarantee that I have written these simple sentences correctly ;)). It would be great if I can continue it.

06:24 AM Dec 11 2010 |

Estelleh

Estelleh

France

I sent to both of you a message. I can help you in French ;). 

11:35 AM Dec 11 2010 |

oxanalishman

Moldova, Republic Of

Dear Estelleh!

I'd like to improve my French. Could tou tell me more about your interests?Do you like talking about films, books , fashion or television programes? What's your favourite kind of food? Do you like Chinese food?

Thank you very much.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Please let me know

01:22 PM Dec 12 2010 |

wexyee

wexyee

United States

wow i will like to learn

02:57 PM Dec 12 2010 |

Estelleh

Estelleh

France

Hi everyone! 

Inbox me your email or MSN. Will be easier to talk if you want to improve your French. I'm very glad to see that there are people from different countries who want to learn this language.

@Oxanalishman: Hi! Actually, I like talking about everything excepted books lol. I don't like reading at all. I like Asian food, Italian food…in fact, everything. :P. 

Friendly,

Estelle.  

07:26 PM Dec 12 2010 |

Zambuka

Zambuka

United States

je veux apprendre le francias) voulez-vous m'apperendre?)

02:50 PM Dec 13 2010 |

Estelleh

Estelleh

France

@ Nana: At least, you try to understand. THIS is a good way to improve a language. Obviously, I can help you to learn French. :D

@Zambuka: My friend! Ce sera un plaisir pour moi de vous apprendre le Français.  Il semblerait que vous soyez déjà assez douée! Check your email :). 

03:43 PM Dec 13 2010 |

wexyee

wexyee

United States

estelle wen r we starting?

09:32 PM Dec 14 2010 |