Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

what books do you study for improving your English accent?

alpha girl

alpha girl

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hey there. I like to speak English like natives.Intonation, stress,pronounciation and the like.

So plz say here; what books do you study for improving your English accent?

03:12 AM Mar 06 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

alpha girl

alpha girl

Thank u Messy-Gal. good pointsCool

Is there anyone here who 've studied "Clear Speech"?

02:32 AM Mar 07 2011 |

alpha girl

alpha girl

Good idea Criz.I agree with you.

Thanks for ur comment.Smile

Go guys….

03:37 AM Mar 08 2011 |

Sarah79

United States

I usually look thougth the resumes online and find professionals who can teachme

05:43 PM Mar 08 2011 |

Anglolad101

United Kingdom

Sorry, you can't learn an accent. You have to be around natives to pick it up. Take me, i'm Yorkshire born and bred so I speak with a Yorkshire accent.

09:11 PM Mar 10 2011 |

TranceGirl85

Netherlands

hahaha Anglolad you make me laugh;),you gave those people a hope lol,you're pretty right though,there's no better way to pick the accent up than being around natives!

10:06 PM Mar 10 2011 |

alpha girl

alpha girl

Thanks everybody. But I've seen some books with CDs teaching American Accents. Dose anyone here read such kinda books?

As for me I just watch movies and cartoons.

03:42 AM Mar 11 2011 |

sdiragen

Philippines

all books are boring, so i preferred to study online as you have a lot of options to choose from. what you have to do is to surf in the net and choose yourself which one you think is the comfortable for you to study… to learn spoken english fastly you have to listen to native real conversation many times…

07:16 PM Mar 11 2011 |

accentreduction

United Kingdom

<!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-><!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=”false” LatentStyleCount=”156”> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]-><!-[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]->I do agree that if you want to speak English then you can first of listen more English Speaking Speech and Talk in English with other speakers, especially those who speak it as a first language.. It is very benefit for you…

11:16 PM Mar 11 2011 |