Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

DO YOU WANT TO PRACTICE YOUR ENGLISH?...

ilyasma

ilyasma

Sri Lanka

Hi there!

How are you today? i hope you have a nice day and i just want to share tips and secrets to improve english… if you are really like to improve your english? feel free to contact me at any time at ...

here you go for one of my secrets to improve your english…

LISTEN! LISTEN! AND LISTEN!

Students sometimes say: 'I don't listen to the BBC news
on the radio because it's too fast for me and I can't
understand it.' That's a pity! When it's too fast for
you, when you can't understand it, that is exactly when
you NEED to listen to it!!!

How can you improve if you don't listen and practise?

When you were a baby, did you understand your own
language? When you were 3 weeks old, or 2 months, or 1
year, did you understand everything? Of course not! But
you learned to understand by listening. Think about
it. You learned to understand your own language by
listening, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. After that,
you learned to speak. Then you learned to read. And then
you learned to write.

But listening came first!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HAVE A NICE DAY

I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU

ILYAS

12:02 PM Aug 14 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mohammad-a-s

Saudi Arabia

thank you very much..

and have a nice day

10:26 PM Aug 18 2007 |

ilyasma

ilyasma

Sri Lanka

Hi there Friends,How are you doing today? Its me again and i would like to share with you that how to improve your english… The first rule of speaking English is to speak clearly, concisely and use simple vocabulary. KISS – keep it short and simple. Remember you probably won't just speak to native speakers. There are roughly 380 million native speakers, but as many as a billion people speak it as a second language. So it's a good idea to avoid idioms and slang (I would say that learn it, but don't use it). It might sound clever to say "You're barking up the wrong tree," but if you misuse it or if the other person doesn't understand you, you'll only look silly when you try to explain what you meant to say, or what it actually means.

There's also a saying in English "Have you swallowed a dictionary?" It is applicable to anyone who uses long, complicated words when a shorter word will do. Short sentences are just as good (if not better) than long explanations. The value in what you have to say is what you say, not how clever you look or sound when you say it..

I wish you a nice day….

Ilyas.

07:37 AM Aug 19 2007 |

blackshow

blackshow

China

hello ilyasma

today is terriable to me,

are you an english teacher, i think your advises are very useful.i will try to do them ,thanks

08:41 AM Aug 20 2007 |

rajanprema

India

Hi Ilyas,
It is really interesting to learn English. Now-a-days English language is very essential for normal life. I want to hear more tips to improve my writing skill. I am working as a Sr.Executive Secretary, but still I am not at all satisfied with my English knowledge.
Thanks
Prem

08:50 AM Aug 20 2007 |

sevuroj

sevuroj

Turkey

thank a lot for your tips. and I admired your learning english effort

09:06 AM Aug 20 2007 |

ilyasma

ilyasma

Sri Lanka

Good Day!

Hi there friends…How are you doing today?

I am really happy reading your comments and thanks very much for reading my tips and writing me.

Well, here I share another help to improve your English that, Find friends to study and speak with. I believe that learning English together can be very encouraging. Choose listening and reading materials that relate to what you are really interested in. Being interested in the subject will make learning more enjoyable – thus more effective.

Relate grammar to practical usage. Grammar by itself does not help us USE the language. We should practice what we are learning by employing it actively. Grammar exercises are good – having your friend on the other side of the world understand your email is fantastic! Well, if you don’t have a friend I will be there for you and feel free to contact me at anytime. Communicate, Communicate & Communicate! There is nothing like communicating in English and being successful.

I wish you every success in your life…

Ilyas.

09:08 AM Aug 20 2007 |

zouher

zouher

Lebanon

test :D

09:56 AM Aug 20 2007 |

zouher

zouher

Lebanon

hi ilyas how are you today, how is everything going for you mate

i need help,,,i can read and understand what pplz talking about

but i can talk or write good like i can talk better but and like native english LOL maybe coz i was been in australia before that is why but still my english poor :S anyhow thanks god no want teaching me im learning by myself

thanks ilyas and im waiting ur reply please

zouher….

10:00 AM Aug 20 2007 |

zouher

zouher

Lebanon

no-one teaching me

but i cant talk or write

10:03 AM Aug 20 2007 |

ilyasma

ilyasma

Sri Lanka

Hi Zouher,

How are you today? i hope you have a nice day and i am sorry to hear that no one teaches you ya? take it easy you have found a right place to fix your problem ya? i feel we all lucky to be here…

what you have to do is that you just keep in touch in my form ya? i have posted a new topic today that Tittled "Do you want help for your spoken english" just follow it as well, coz, i am going to post lessons in order…it will deffenetly help you to improve your enlish…if you are not happy with it too feel free to cantact me at my personal email id, you can find it in my profile.

wish you good luck and thank you for writing me…

Ilyas

10:19 AM Aug 20 2007 |