Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

is there anyone can help me please?

rida_nicest

Indonesia

hi guys, i am rida from indonesian. i am a student. i have a problem about presentation or public speaking. every time i have to speak in front of the class to present something before my classmate, i am always nervous. i do not know what to say. i lose my self confidence. i feel bad about it. well, actually among friends i can speak more freely and confidently. the problem comes when i have to speak up in front of the class and all of sudden everything that i have prepared disappeared. is there anyone can help me, please? thanks in advance Smile

09:30 AM Aug 21 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sweety_bubbly

India

hai,

i will try to help u dear.

try to think that no one will laugh at u when u are taking classes.just concentrate on subject and ur sound.look at the back wall,or select ur best friend to look at.

try to beliv that u are alone in that class room and only god is there to hear u.i think this will work good

imp thing is that be confident about ur strength

09:35 AM Aug 21 2007 |

rida_nicest

Indonesia

thanks a lot sweety bubbly, you are very nice Smile well, i try my best to be more confident. i know it is difficult to do but i will try. sweety (can i call you sweety or …?) do you believe that public speaking is a talent and not a skill so that not everybody has an ability to speak convincingly in front of many people? 

09:44 AM Aug 21 2007 |

sweety_bubbly

India

dear noting is impossible.if we have a will then there is a way…....

try try try n try if u didnt suceed then do one thing try once more…..we wont get anything without a hard work.

my name s aswathy,u can call me "achu"—-my nick name…........

i lov to have friends like you.

tell me more abt you dear

10:19 AM Aug 21 2007 |

ilyasma

ilyasma

Sri Lanka

Hi there Rida,

What is the difference between During and while? ,

here i would like to answer your question, First of all let me say that 'DURING' is a preposition and 'WHILE' is a conjunction.

The words During and while have similar meanings but are used differently grammatically. here i would like to share some very basic explanation…

The word during is followed by a noun or noun phrase: DURING my vacation in Sri Lanka i made lots of friends.

The word WHILE is followed by a clause (subject+verb): WHILE i was in Sri Lankai made lots of friends.

You would also use WHILE in cases where a clause is understood, but some of the words have been omitted: WHILE in Sri Lanka i made lots of friends.

here you go for more…

We met DURING the Eid holidays.

I learned English WHILE i was working in a Oil Company in Saudi Arabia.

It happened WHILE i was out.

It happened DURING my lunch break.

It happened DURING the flooding.

I fall asleep DURING the film.

I fall asleep WHILE i was watching the film.

We had a lot of trouble DURING the journey.

WHILE working there, i met some really nice people.

i hope it may good enough to clear your confution ya?

thanks for asking at englishbaby…

Good Luck to us…

ILyas

10:22 AM Aug 21 2007 |

shakil

Pakistan

I want to learn english pls help me

10:39 AM Aug 21 2007 |

rida_nicest

Indonesia

i love to have a friend like you too. well, my name is Farida, but my friends call me, Rida. i live in Bandung, the capital city of west java, one of the provinces of Indonesia. have you ever been to Indonesia? i am a college student. i am interested in learning English because i think the use of English is getting important nowadays in Indonesia. many job vacancies require persons who are able to communicate well in English; both written and spoken. what about in your country? anyway, have you got job already? 

please tell me more about you too. hoping that we can be friend Smile

01:14 PM Aug 24 2007 |

rida_nicest

Indonesia

well, your explanation is very easy to understand. thank you very much. anyway, you are very good at explaining something. are you a teacher Ilyasma? it is nice to have a friend like  you Smile

01:18 PM Aug 24 2007 |

rida_nicest

Indonesia

i am learning English too. so, what about learning English together? isn't it nice to have friends at the same time learning English too Smile. well, Shakil,  I am  an Indonesian student. what about  you?

01:22 PM Aug 24 2007 |

rida_nicest

Indonesia

to have a friend is always nice and enjoyable.

to have a friend means sharing joy and happiness together

to have a friend also means to listen and to give advice

to have a friend is to accompany in sad and sorrow

to have a friend is indeed always nice and enjoyable

so let's make friends from all over the world :)

love

rida 

08:28 AM Aug 27 2007 |