Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

superstitions!!!

famil

famil

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

hi,

let’s talk about superstitions!

what are behaviours,  called superstition in your country? any logic justifies them?

05:09 PM Apr 01 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zamalek

zamalek

Egypt

waht do you mean exactley do you mean stories or what????illustrate

09:34 PM Apr 02 2012 |

famil

famil

for example, we think, pouring salt on the floor brings bad luck. and i think no logic justifies it!

after sneezing , we stop for some seconds. we know sneezing, as a symbol of waiting.

02:58 PM Apr 03 2012 |

zamalek

zamalek

Egypt

egyptians have many of this 

10:08 PM Apr 04 2012 |

famil

famil

why don’t you give an example?

Undecided

06:04 PM Apr 05 2012 |

zamalek

zamalek

Egypt

well,the first one is terrifying alot

when we were young they warned us from walking on the shore of the nile river because the(ganeya) will swallow us

alganyeya is an imaginary creature that is very big and stay all the day under the nile water but when the darkness come it walks on the shores and swallow every person walk there

06:10 PM Apr 05 2012 |

famil

famil

awsome

06:14 PM Apr 05 2012 |

famil

famil

i like nile so much

06:15 PM Apr 05 2012 |

zamalek

zamalek

Egypt

i see that iam the only one who tell aterryfing story

06:28 PM Apr 05 2012 |

famil

famil

lol that’s cool

04:16 PM Apr 07 2012 |

PhilologistAUL

Azerbaijan

Hmmm. Interesting topic, actually. Me personally don’t believe in any of these superstitions. But I’ll tell you some just for fun. For instance, if a black cat crosses your way and you see it, it means you’ll face sth bad or unlucky that day. Then, if your nose itches, it means someone misses you. If your right hand itches, you’ll get money soon. If you come just at the moment of dinner, so your mother-in-law will love you. When you work in the kitchen, if you make much noise, your mother -in-love will be peevish. There so many of them, these are just a part.

02:19 PM Apr 09 2012 |