Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

There's an argument : E-books or bookshops?? Let's start with it ! !

Odelette

Odelette

China

Hello everyone!
We are No.80 high school students and our group is doing a project which topic is about the role of the Internet. Specifically, the argument is: which is better, e-books or the books in bookstores? Our opinion is: E-books is better. Here are our reasons:
Reason 1: Saving space
E-books need not be stored on the device.In the space that a comparably sized print book takes up, an e-reader can potentially contain thousands of e-books, limited only by its memory capacity. If space is at a premium, such as in a backpack or at home, it can be an advantage that an e-book collection takes up little room and weight.
Reason 2: Convinience
Depending on the device, an e-book may be readable in low light or even total darkness. Many newer readers have the ability to display motion, enlarge or change fonts, use Text-to-speech software to read the text aloud for visually impaired, partially sighted, elderly or dyslectic people or just for convenience, search for key terms, find definitions, or allow highlighting bookmarking and annotation.
Now it’s your turn!! Which do you think is better? No matter if you’ve ever read an e-Book, you could give your own opinions about it. We can discuss togethter. Please join us and talk whatever you want! Thank you!!

06:20 AM Apr 23 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Caroline19951119

China

well, I like ebook better.Wink

I can find most of the books I want to read on the internet and just need to download it from the Internet and put it into my e-reader. In this way, I can read the book everywhere because I can carry my e-reader everwhere. It’s really light.

07:08 AM May 07 2012 |

Lanren

China

I think e-book is very environmentally friendly. They can protect trees. And we can save our money. Because paper books are sometimes expensive.

07:13 AM May 07 2012 |

Anthony_000

China

To me, ebook is absolutely better! I like travelling to different place and see new things. BUt I also like reading. So an e-reader is just made for me! I can take it anywhere and read my books. Besides, I can choose the colour of the background. If the right colour is used, I can have a special mood and can be Empathy easily.

07:22 AM May 07 2012 |

Nina.Happy

Nina.Happy

China

Lucas SB:  

I’ve been keeping thinking your problem for a long time. Well I think it’s a disvantage of ebook. But the technology is improving all the time. Perhaps people can solve this problem one day by recycling the mental and plastic. Nowadays, most people consider the convenience is important, so the chances are, reading ebook wiil be a big trend in the future.

07:31 AM May 07 2012 |