Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Grammar problems

gkisseberth

Germany

Hi all,

I am an English teacher working in Colombia and I have a question for the English learners.

What is the most difficult part of English grammar for you? (what gives you the most trouble, or is the hardest for you to remember?

08:28 PM Oct 27 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

alkawati

India

can you tell me whether following sentence is correct or not. if correct it is example of which tense.
sentence – This is done.

09:22 PM Oct 27 2007 |

gkisseberth

Germany

alkawati said:

can you tell me whether following sentence is correct or not. if correct it is example of which tense.
sentence – This is done.

It would be an example of present tense (of the verb "to be") As is, it is correct, but it could depend on the context. 

09:36 PM Oct 27 2007 |

alkawati

India

for speaking in english, it is required to know grammer first,please tell me how i can improve my spoken english.

09:50 PM Oct 27 2007 |

gkisseberth

Germany

for speaking in english, it is required to know grammer first,please tell me how i can improve my spoken english.

Not all teachers would agree that you need to know grammar first. The best way to improve your spoken English is to practice, and to listen to native speakers.

09:57 PM Oct 27 2007 |

alkawati

India

when i start speaking on subject i will not do any grammer mistake and also my english fluency is very good.
but when i will start speaking general english i will stuck in between.can you please suggest me how i can overcome from this problem.

10:08 PM Oct 27 2007 |

gkisseberth

Germany

when i start speaking on subject i will not do any grammer mistake and also my english fluency is very good.
but when i will start speaking general english i will stuck in between.can you please suggest me how i can overcome from this problem.

Well, I'm not sure I completely understand your problem. When you are speaking on a subject you have prepared in advance, you don't have any problems with grammar. But when you are speaking more casually you have problems?

10:13 PM Oct 27 2007 |

alkawati

India

Yes, what you understood that is correct.Can you suggest me how to overcome from this problem please.

10:15 PM Oct 27 2007 |

Mr.Q

Mr.Q

Jordan

iam new here and this is my first reply and also new english learner

it's hard to me to explain what i thiking of, but i'll try

my problem is tenses, there are alot of grammer forms and formula

i dont know from where i should start and what the first priorites

this is just to brok the wall

thanks

10:26 PM Oct 27 2007 |

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

Hello, I'm an english student (2nd year)..I want to have contact  with native speakers in order to improve my talking and especially my grammar :)

thank u very much have a nice day

10:48 PM Oct 27 2007 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Yes, what you understood that is correct.Can you suggest me how to overcome from this problem please.

I think it's a normal problem. Sometimes, you have to give yourself a moment to organize your thoughts, but it can be difficult, I understand. Try to stick to grammar structures and vocabulary you are comfortable with. This can help to boost your confidence. 

But you shouldn't be afraid to make mistakes. You can still be understood, most of the time, and you can learn from those mistakes.

Good luck 

11:09 PM Oct 27 2007 |