Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

guide me .....i need your help

safi88

safi88

Saudi Arabia

hi friends….....

i need your advice in the efficyive way in reading…..

when i read a novel e.x…,i find many unfamiliar words for me….what should i do in this case??? should i translte every word  immediatly when i find one..as u know that take alot of time and then i lack the enjoyment of reading….or underline the diffficult vocabularies then i go back after finishing the story….>>?or getting the main point and the general idea r enough without showing interest in the new words…......but if did the latter how can i gain words…...please tell me what is principle to be a good reader….....

08:52 PM Dec 06 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

diplomatic

diplomatic

Saudi Arabia

Dear Safi88,

You are right, if we are going to translate evry word , we cann't finish our reading as well.

Hence, when you are intend to read a book you have to decide that, either you are read the whole of novel first or read your novel for increasing your vocabulary, using underline the new words.

Diplomatic

11:06 PM Dec 06 2007 |

hylapt

hylapt

Australia

Safi88,

If you are reading for your enjoyment you should continue through the whole book.

When you need to look up dictionary definitions, to follow the story, then you should, so as you can still enjoy your reading

regards

12:40 AM Dec 07 2007 |