Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

how can i introduce myself? to get a job..

storm_gb

storm_gb

Thailand

wat's topics i should  tell to the employ?

01:49 PM Dec 07 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

diplomatic

diplomatic

Saudi Arabia

Dear Storm qb, 

• FIRST :  If you want to introduce your self by writing pragraph ( you can write it like this) : 

Your name 

Your address 

Date: (e.g. 12 August 2007)not(12.8.07)              

HR’s/Recruiter’s name 

Title of HR/Recruiter

Organization’sname                                                                                                                        Organization’s address

Dear HR/Recruiter’s name (only use Sir or Madam when you do not know the name),

First paragraph: Give your reasons for applying for the job. You should also explain which job(s) you are applying for and how or where you found out about the job itself.

Second paragraph: State how your educational background, past work (or intern) experiences, qualifications, skills and abilities are fit for the job, how they will contribute to the day-to-day activities of the organization.

Third paragraph: Tell what you will bring into the organization versus what the company will offer you. Hence, state any special qualities, strengths, etc. that persuade the employer to contact you (for an interview). State something different from what you have on your CV or resume. This makes you different from the next person applying for the same position.

Closing paragraph: Thank the Recruiter or HR for reading your CV or resume and express your urge to hear from them. Request an interview at this point and give your contact details on how they can easily reach you.

Note: in case you are applying abroad, please remember to state the time at which you are available. Sincerely yours, Your signature Your name Enclosures (number of documents enclosed, i.e. CV or resume)

• SECOND: If you want to introduce your self in a JOB interview, take this tips as follows :

1) Dress to impress. Wear a suit, tie, a BELT and dress shoes. Your BELT should be the same color as your SHOES.

2) Get a conservative haircut short!).

3) Any PIERCING that are visible, get rid of them.

4) Any tattoos, make sure they are COVERED by your clothing. 

5) Stand up STRAIGHT and don't stare at the floor. Look interested.

6) DON'T EVER ask about how many days off you get or how long lunch is! 

7) Don't even THINK about going to an interview with hair that is a strange color.

8) DON'T be chewing gum, but do make sure you have great oral hygiene and no bad breath.

9) Have good body hygiene but don't wear a lot of cologne (or perfume).

10) If you smoke, DON'T smoke just before the interview. They can smell it a mile away; it's a turn-off..          
  •  NOW YOU ARE READY TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

When you approach an interviewer, LOOK AT THEM! Not their nose or chin etc.. Look at their EYES. Extend your RIGHT hand and shake their hand firmly(but not hard) and don't look away (keep looking in their eyes) as you say Good morning, afternoon whatever, my name is * *, it's a pleasure to meet you. Same for a female interviewer, except a gentler handshake. Speak slowly, enunciate your words (DON'T MUMBLE!) Don't babble on about yourself. Remember, they are there to ask YOU questions. Answer all questions fully, but keep it short and simple. And NEVER tell a fib when asked a question. Don't volunteer information, but don't lie about an answer. They can find out if you quit or got fired from your last job, or if you've ever been arrested etc… Once they find out you were not completely honest, you won't get the job. CONGRATULATIONS! YOU GOT THE JOB! WAY TO GO!

I wish you all the success in your live, I'm sure you can pass it.

Yours Sincerely 

Diplomatic ….

06:13 PM Dec 07 2007 |