Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Matrix 2

Matrix 2

Date: Mar 15 2001

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

Joe is excited about the new Matrix movie that is coming out soon. He really liked the last one and so did a lot of people because it was very popular. But, I had a couple of complaints about it.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Joe

Joe

Zach

Zach

Joe:  Oh, I heard “Matrix 2” was coming out.

Zach:  Oh really?

Joe:  Mmmm hmmm.

Zach:  Did you…did you like the first one?

Joe:  Yeah, I liked…I liked the first one. That was…that was classic.

Zach:  Yeah. So what’s the…what’s the second one supposed to be about?

Joe:  They haven’t even released what the story is going to be about, but I’m sure it’s going to be pretty awesome.

Zach:  I liked the first “Matrix.” There was a lot of, uh, pieces from other movies in there, like “Hackers” and…

Joe:  I know what you mean, like…Yeah, They had some ideas from other movies and just kind of inserted them in.

Zach:  The only thing that really bugged me about that movie was all the little product shots and stuff.

Joe:  Yeah. Right.

Zach:  Like every time someone falls off a building it’s like, “Nokia,” you know? Or “Federal Express,” you know “Coca-Cola,” you know?

Joe:  It was like a big adver…one big advertisement.

Zach:  Yeah, I feel like if they’re going to charge the amount of money that they do at those theaters that they shouldn’t have to put ads in them. I don’t pay eight bucks to go see a Nokia ad.

Joe:  Right.

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Some of my friends say they hate going to movies with me because I’m too picky. Often we come out of a theater and they really like the movie, but I’ll always find something critical to say about it. But, that’s just me. I think it’s part of the fun analyzing movies afterward and discussing them with the people I saw it with.
When “Matrix” came out it had some of the most advanced special effects of any movie. It was also done in an interesting style. But, that style is, by no means, unique. It was borrowed from several other movies before it. One of my biggest pet peeves about big-budget movies is all of the product placements in them. Companies pay the movie studio a lot of money to have their product shown in the movie. Sometimes it’s so subtle you don’t even notice it. Sometimes it’s so obvious it’s distracting.
Have you seen this movie? What do you think? Come to the “Movie Madness” message board and ask them!
From the front row,
Zach

Comments

ronevislie

United States

Really I am very much satisfied on yalla2shop.com chilled service that's what I only hanged up with you.I will urge my friends to resume your service as well. WELL DONE, [url=http://www.yalla2shop.com]YALLA2SHOP[/url] TEAM!!!!

05:45 PM Feb 07 2011 |

hatsady

Lao People's Democratic Republic

cannot listen

04:36 PM Oct 24 2007 |

Likes (2):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter