Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

GO

GO

Date: May 24 2001

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

There are many movies that try to capture the nightlife and underground scene of American youth. Some of these movies are “KIDS”, “Just Can’t Wait”, “Groove”, and “Human Traffic.”
“Go” is a very entertaining movie about a group of young people who have one long and crazy night. The movie does a good job of showing what it’s like to stay up all night partying.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Chad

Chad

Miguel

Miguel

Chad:  You know I’ve never really been down with the whole underground scene. I mean my life’s been pretty squeaky clean.

Miguel:   Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. I feel like the only exposure I have to like the underground is like in movies you know.

Chad:   Yeah. So have you seen any movies recently that explore the whole underground scene?

Miguel:   Well there is this cool movie called “*_GO_ and it’s all about you know some guys and girls who get into like selling drugs. They’re going to raves they’re like basically getting in all kinds of trouble but it’s it’s pretty informative that way at least.

Chad:  Wow. I mean I haven’t seen it but I heard it all this stuff all this action happens in one night.

Miguel:   Well I know that’s the thing about _GO”*_ is it’s just this endless night and I guess that’s true at the rave scene too like people stay out all night partying like twelve or fourteen or fifteen hours straight which is unbelievable to me.

Chad:   Yeah. Don’t these people have jobs or something?

Miguel:   (Laughs) I think that might be true. I think you know it’s people with rich parents and stuff and that they have the money to buy drugs and party all night I guess.

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

After listening to their conversation, it sounds like Miguel and Chad are intrigued by raves and the nightlife some people lead. Movies like “Go” make this lifestyle seem exciting and fun. However, they also tend to have “Hollywood” endings, in which everyone ends up happy and healthy.
In the real world, people who take drugs and party all night often end up in the hospital, in car accidents, or in trouble with the police.
So, does a movie like “Go” make you want to party all night? Have you ever been to a rave? Come to the “Movie Madness” message board and let us know.
Until next week,
Nedra

Comments

aLShaima

aLShaima

Oman

Stayin up all night isn’t healthy , why the timing of the movies is always tied up with nights?! Can’t we watch them in the day ? I mean even cinemas switch of the lights and offer darkness instead during the show XD ,medical mistake , no?!lol

01:33 AM Jun 29 2015 |

Likes (1):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast