Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

We cannot live without judgeing...

bjoosta

bjoosta

Poland

We used to think to judge people by their appearance is very bad. But,  have we got  enough time to get to know all this people in depth? I think no. We have to judge food before eating, clothes before buying… We're judgeing all time! Maybe is easier to assessing wrong and make a mistake than engaging to be sure what given person is?

07:05 PM Aug 04 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

bigmama

bigmama

Spain

Hello Bjoosta !!

Yes ,I think we tend to judge easly , fastly …so  we are constantly making mistakes.

I do it . This tendency is a bad habit. You are right , sometimes we don't have much time to get to know well a person … 

We must learn to take time before making any negative comment , we will be very surprised then !!! 

Maybe , one of the problems are the stereotypes  ...

Greetings from Spain Laughing

07:26 PM Aug 05 2006 |

xiaomeng4140

China

yeah….

judge is ok but bad mouth others is not….and what's worse is to motor mouth …........

01:22 PM Aug 10 2006 |

cherr

cherr

China

what we seen,what we heard,always make us many ideas.that's ok,but what we think is just one side of ~~ 

01:59 AM Aug 20 2006 |

Bretsunshine

China

this is what psychologist Gerd Gigerenze and associates called fast and frugal heuristic, judging from your gut feeling is ecologically valid or efficient most of the time…people develop these heuristic or decision related short cuts through the LONG history of human evolution. 

well, most of the time it's good, but it may backfire sometimes… 

07:03 AM Sep 17 2006 |

mrcuong

mrcuong

Viet Nam

judgeing is a part of feeling and base on experiences that we got .i think

10:34 AM Sep 19 2006 |