Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

immigration - is it a cowardice?

Zimorodok

Zimorodok

Russian Federation

There are many countries on our planet. Some people want to immigrate to do the best future for their children. However, some people prefer to remain in the homeland, and it does not meter that the homeland is a poor country. Some people live in reach countries. They and come to poor countries to help people.
What do you thing in this question? Who is wrogn? (Sorry for my bad English).

01:02 AM Jan 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

closehoney

closehoney

Philippines

There are two sides of a coin. Immigration can be a sign of cowardice if you are immigrating to escape something or to hide from something. But immigration can also be a sign of bravery! It's not easy moving into another country. It's not easy starting over a new life. Immigration is getting out of your comfort zone. So it takes a lot to also immigrate.

10:14 AM Jan 04 2008 |

wmynka

wmynka

Ukraine

hi, i dont think immigration is a cowardice at all,people that immigrate leave their home,friends and willing to change it for nothing.Because when you are in foreign country you have nothing until you get education over there ,job.You had everything at home,you could have sit and wait until good times come.BUT people that immigrate are ready to go through troubles to get their dream,finnaly one day be happy in country you think is good for you and your children,they are brave

10:29 AM Jan 04 2008 |

medooza

medooza

United Kingdom

cowardice?! what a cowardice? my home is Poland, but in two weeks I start my life in new country. Poland belongs to European Union, so I can live and work in each country that belongs to EU. and it's fantastic!

12:04 PM Jan 04 2008 |

Yuanming

Yuanming

China

I think mo matter how poor ones country is ,it is wrong to look down to it!Good environment not always lead to a good future! It is all up to yourself ! If you make up you mind to do something and stick to it you will successd on day! If you don't make up of what you own you won't success! Everyone should  fight for their country and should be sure that oneday you own country will be a great country oneday! Nad other country will look up to you ! I want to study aborad! But I will come back after i finish my tudy there , my country is a great country!

04:51 PM Jan 05 2008 |

yana011

yana011

Philippines

migrating is a tough one. living in different race, culture is not so so easy task. Its not cowardice. its just finding the solution on how to get out for being low to going up.Cool

03:42 AM Jan 06 2008 |

DE_CARVALLO

United Arab Emirates

Migration has many reasons …one of them when people move to another country looking for different environment that is suitable and combatable with their thoughts and needs, so they will be more active and more achievable since they found the best conditions to live. For example, migration was one of the phenomenons in the mid seventies in the Arabian region and most of the educated people and experts  left their homes searching for more advanced area that help them to improve and develop their skills. But the situation in the Arabian region has changed now and people have been given more chances to serve the societies and governments try to keep their expertise to benefit the country.

11:18 AM Jan 06 2008 |