Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What kind of unusual tradition or holiday do you have in Your wonderful Country?

Oysha

Uzbekistan

Hello Dear friends!
I am from Uzbekistan and I would like to know about unusual traditions of your  wonderful country!

For example, on March we have Navruz Holiday (The beginning of the new day, New Year), we cook traditional food Sumalak (consists of oil, prepared grain, flour and small stones and wallnuts).

Let us learn more about culture and traditions!

07:41 AM Jan 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

osysha good effort n nice to read little bit about ur country tradition.

here in our country occassion by name 'BASANT'. it is celebrated in the mid of the march. it is basically the reception of spring season. people wear colorful traditional dresses.girls specially wear yellow and green color clothes,bangles,jewellery.

in this festival almost all family on the roof of thier houses and guy's fly the colourful big kites. and to do the competetion other one's.

it is really very colourful festival here. on it differnt kind of foods are also cook and children, olders,youngers,male female all enjoy it with their relatives and friends.

10:01 AM Jan 10 2008 |

Oysha

Uzbekistan

Thanks for your answer Nadiaa, where are you from?

10:16 AM Jan 10 2008 |

Oysha

Uzbekistan

Kiss

10:17 AM Jan 10 2008 |

Tim jiang

Tim jiang

China

Dear Sirs and Madam:    Good day to you!   This is Tim jiang from Ningbo of China, we are Industrial and Trand company,pls visit our website to know us http://www.decochina.cn our products export to USA,EU,and East Asia, this time,I would like to recommend ourselves to you. We have very good advantage in price,hope to hear from you soon! Best regards

Tim

10:21 AM Jan 10 2008 |

Tim jiang

Tim jiang

China

Dear Sirs and Madam:    Good day to you!   This is Tim jiang from Ningbo of China, we are Industrial and Trand company,pls visit our website to know us http://www.decochina.cn our products export to USA,EU,and East Asia, this time,I would like to recommend ourselves to you. We have very good advantage in price,hope to hear from you soon! Best regardsTim

10:22 AM Jan 10 2008 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

iam from PAKISTAN

10:22 AM Jan 10 2008 |

Oysha

Uzbekistan

Nice larki (a) from Pakistan! I have one friend from Pakistan who taught me the words moota, mooti, larka. larki, abi and so on :) 

10:39 AM Jan 10 2008 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

oysha don't call to any girl like mooti otherwise she will beat you.

10:42 AM Jan 10 2008 |

dolphin0817

Cocos (Keeling) Islands

i am from china our most important holiday is Spring Festival

on that day we will visit many ralatives and we play cards ,talk

people are very busy now , at usual time we do not have much time to be together ,so ,on Spring Festival we can sit together and chat,have dinner or else .it makes the people who does not often communicate  more closer

03:49 AM Jan 11 2008 |

Oysha

Uzbekistan

In my country (specially in Tashkent), every Ramadan Eid and Kurban Eid, a new bride (only the first year of her marriage) lays the table for everybody and welcomes everyone. Before the guests enter the bride bows 3-4 times and the guests wish her all their wishes. What is interesting is only females can visit the bride. 

Before  (7-8 years ago),  females (often young girls) unacquainted with that family could just go and visit if there is new bride, but nowadays only relatives and friends go to visit a bride! 

07:02 AM Jan 11 2008 |