Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

WAR...........

00mephisto11

Slovakia

the word everybody knows … what do you image in your mind when you hear this word ?

Is is blood? Is it fear?

Have you any experience with war? 

06:48 PM Jan 11 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

irons

irons

Russian Federation

This word means for me fear that your house can be ruined with the bomb which terrorist placed in its basement… I've remembered this feelings since 1999 when  too many people died sleepping in their flats in Moscow.

09:14 PM Jan 11 2008 |

00mephisto11

Slovakia

thank you for your reply irons. 

I have to say I have no experience with war I only know what the grandparents  said me abou WW2 and about fear they had…. 

I think the war is the the most horrible thing in the history of  humanity…. 

09:37 PM Jan 11 2008 |

irons

irons

Russian Federation

Yes, I heard a lot about WW2… It was terrible. I've seen bones of soldier on the ground and blind shells… This is a great memory not to repeat so awful mistakes.

09:43 PM Jan 11 2008 |

ljiljana

ljiljana

Bosnia and Herzegovina

well, my country was in a war not so long ago. I'm from bosnia and the war lasted from 1992-1995. I was just a kid then, and I don't remember much. But feeling helpless and hungry is what I recall the most. Men with guns entering your house and searching for who knows what is not the greatest feeling you can have. Waiting for your father to come back from the front line is a scary thing, too. You never know if he's  going to come back.

Cranberries say it  best:

"When the violence causes silence

We must be mistaken"

10:12 PM Jan 11 2008 |

h455478772

h455478772

China

Which is the great threat to our world, war or poverty?

04:11 AM Jan 12 2008 |

huazhenpu

huazhenpu

China

"Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race." Beautiful song! War is cruel and inhumane to me. It's too bloody for kids to bear. When would wars go tho their ends?

05:31 AM Jan 12 2008 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

whenever i heard or read about war i really feel deep sorrow in my heart, with blessings of ALLAH i havn't this kind of experience but i really hate war. 

06:42 AM Jan 12 2008 |

00mephisto11

Slovakia

I want to say everybody thank you for your reply …. and what do you think about terrorist attacks . Why do people killing themselves ? what they expect ? do they think if they kill somebody and themselves so then they go to the heaven or what ?? 

08:49 AM Jan 12 2008 |